ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 10-10-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
inoref
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,673
Default Another year

I'm willing to wait and see what type of team SC can put on the floor. I have my own opinion but will keep it to myself for now. If what I been reading is true having only 9 players? How in the heck can this happen at a "big time" program like OU?
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
cjhsooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 138
Default Re: Another year

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
I'm willing to wait and see what type of team SC can put on the floor. I have my own opinion but will keep it to myself for now. If what I been reading is true having only 9 players? How in the heck can this happen at a "big time" program like OU?
I hardly think OU is big time. Haven't been for a minimum of 10 years. This is life when UCONN wins everything, and 4 teams are getting all the good players.
cjhsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,096
Default Re: Another year

I agree I wouldn’t call OU an elite school at the moment, Sherri hasn’t been to the final four since 2010, that’s a pretty long time ago....
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:25 AM   #4
Soonerguy06
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 53
Default Re: Another year

I beg to differ, as far as the Final Four go anyway, we went back to back in 2009 and 2010 and before then went on a string of several Sweet 16s, the last one being 2013 I believe? It was McFarland's senior year. We have a "respectable program" I'd say. I just wish some of these great high school players attempted to go elsewhere besides the big five schools (UCONN, ND, Baylor, UT, Tenn & recently SC), it would give so much parity to the game and we wouldn't have crap like UCONN winning 111 games in a row. Believe me when i say this, this year Uconn will go on another roll like that, although I always love an upset. I hope we have a great year this year at OU, fingers crossed!!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:58 AM   #5
sybarite
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 13,651
Default Re: Another year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
I beg to differ, as far as the Final Four go anyway, we went back to back in 2009 and 2010 and before then went on a string of several Sweet 16s, the last one being 2013 I believe? It was McFarland's senior year. We have a "respectable program" I'd say. I just wish some of these great high school players attempted to go elsewhere besides the big five schools (UCONN, ND, Baylor, UT, Tenn & recently SC), it would give so much parity to the game and we wouldn't have crap like UCONN winning 111 games in a row. Believe me when i say this, this year Uconn will go on another roll like that, although I always love an upset. I hope we have a great year this year at OU, fingers crossed!!
Thank-you.
sybarite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:51 AM   #6
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,096
Default Re: Another year

So getting past what should be 2 lesser teams and reaching the round of 16 is what you call successful?
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #7
Soonercuda
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,645
Default Re: Another year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
So getting past what should be 2 lesser teams and reaching the round of 16 is what you call successful?
Any year you make it to the sweet sixteen is a good year. The second round match would not be against a team that I would consider a lesser team...our losses in that round the last 3 years have been to Washington, Kentucky and Stanford. What has been disappointing is we have had 4 years in a row without making it to the round of 16.
Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM   #8
sybarite
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 13,651
Default Re: Another year

Connecticut had a team of nine players and dominated while winning a national title. Teams often show more than allowed on the roster, but do nothing. It is all about what you have and how hard they are willing to work.

I have a bit more confidence with this team than I have had in recent years. Oh, I doubt we are a Final Four team, unless we get a good draw. But, I have more confidence in the leaders of this team. There is also a difference between having depth and just having players on the roster.

A lot will depend on how Ana, Shaina, and Mandy develop as freshmen. I have the feeling that they will contribute more to this team than those that we lost, seniors and transfers.
sybarite is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com