ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 10-10-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
inoref
All-Conference

Default Another year

I'm willing to wait and see what type of team SC can put on the floor. I have my own opinion but will keep it to myself for now. If what I been reading is true having only 9 players? How in the heck can this happen at a "big time" program like OU?
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
cjhsooner
Walk-on

Default Re: Another year

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
I'm willing to wait and see what type of team SC can put on the floor. I have my own opinion but will keep it to myself for now. If what I been reading is true having only 9 players? How in the heck can this happen at a "big time" program like OU?
I hardly think OU is big time. Haven't been for a minimum of 10 years. This is life when UCONN wins everything, and 4 teams are getting all the good players.
cjhsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
Mac
Administrator

I agree I wouldn’t call OU an elite school at the moment, Sherri hasn’t been to the final four since 2010, that’s a pretty long time ago....
Old 10-12-2017, 01:25 AM   #4
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

I beg to differ, as far as the Final Four go anyway, we went back to back in 2009 and 2010 and before then went on a string of several Sweet 16s, the last one being 2013 I believe? It was McFarland's senior year. We have a "respectable program" I'd say. I just wish some of these great high school players attempted to go elsewhere besides the big five schools (UCONN, ND, Baylor, UT, Tenn & recently SC), it would give so much parity to the game and we wouldn't have crap like UCONN winning 111 games in a row. Believe me when i say this, this year Uconn will go on another roll like that, although I always love an upset. I hope we have a great year this year at OU, fingers crossed!!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:58 AM   #5
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
I beg to differ, as far as the Final Four go anyway, we went back to back in 2009 and 2010 and before then went on a string of several Sweet 16s, the last one being 2013 I believe? It was McFarland's senior year. We have a "respectable program" I'd say. I just wish some of these great high school players attempted to go elsewhere besides the big five schools (UCONN, ND, Baylor, UT, Tenn & recently SC), it would give so much parity to the game and we wouldn't have crap like UCONN winning 111 games in a row. Believe me when i say this, this year Uconn will go on another roll like that, although I always love an upset. I hope we have a great year this year at OU, fingers crossed!!
Thank-you.
sybarite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:51 AM   #6
Mac
Administrator

So getting past what should be 2 lesser teams and reaching the round of 16 is what you call successful?
Old 10-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #7
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
So getting past what should be 2 lesser teams and reaching the round of 16 is what you call successful?
Any year you make it to the sweet sixteen is a good year. The second round match would not be against a team that I would consider a lesser team...our losses in that round the last 3 years have been to Washington, Kentucky and Stanford. What has been disappointing is we have had 4 years in a row without making it to the round of 16.
Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM   #8
sybarite
National Champion

Connecticut had a team of nine players and dominated while winning a national title. Teams often show more than allowed on the roster, but do nothing. It is all about what you have and how hard they are willing to work.

I have a bit more confidence with this team than I have had in recent years. Oh, I doubt we are a Final Four team, unless we get a good draw. But, I have more confidence in the leaders of this team. There is also a difference between having depth and just having players on the roster.

A lot will depend on how Ana, Shaina, and Mandy develop as freshmen. I have the feeling that they will contribute more to this team than those that we lost, seniors and transfers.
sybarite is online now   Reply With Quote