ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2017, 01:28 PM   #1
Laxtothemax12
All-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,391
Default Looking forward to Basketball

OU Football last two games...yikes.
Laxtothemax12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:22 PM   #2
stormspencer
All-American
 
stormspencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 2,536
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Yep.....the season can't start soon enough.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:04 PM   #3
SoonerinNC
Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,266
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

The football boards must be melting down. There are some really tough posters over there. I dropped Hale's board because I got tired of all of the complaining. I don't mind criticism but some seem to feel we are entitled to a national championship every year and their personal life depends on it.
SoonerinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:09 AM   #4
coolm
Final Four
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,249
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerinNC View Post
The football boards must be melting down. There are some really tough posters over there. I dropped Hale's board because I got tired of all of the complaining. I don't mind criticism but some seem to feel we are entitled to a national championship every year and their personal life depends on it.
yep
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:10 AM   #5
Soonerinkc
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,593
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Yes on LT is was bad...I did my share...most of it is on M Stoops, which the reality is the D has been suspect against good passing teams. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

I hate to say there is any "good" loss but at least it maybe relieves a lot of pressure...

BUT, yes ready for hoops as well. It'll be interesting to see how much improvement we have. I'm almost "expecting" a 180 turnaround...20-11 at the very least..vs 11-20.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:25 AM   #6
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,052
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

I'm always ready for basketball. Honestly, our internet football fans have made me not enjoy it as much as I used to so I try to stay away from them as much as possible.
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:47 AM   #7
skyvue
Elite Eight
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,702
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Our fans (perhaps all fans, I don't know) tend to keep things simple (or perhaps more apt, simplistic): For them, a defeat is almost always one person's fault. It seems to strain their powers of critical thinking to consider the possibility that there could be any number of factors that contribute to our team losing, that maybe, just maybe, more than one person is to blame.

Mike Stoops has been the go-to goat for years now; before him, ironically enough, it was Brent Venables, and back then, dozens of posters were calling for Brent to be axed and Mike to be brought back. I have no data to back me up but I would bet three months' rent that easily half the people calling for Mike's head in recent years were pleading for Bob Stoops to bring his brother back a few years ago.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:57 AM   #8
SoonerTraveler
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,664
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

I look forward to OU football season, then stay away from the football message boards after a mediocre performance or loss.

I look forward to OU basketball season, then stay away from the basketball message boards after a mediocre performance or loss.

It is the same all over. There are just a lot more people that are passionate about OU football compared to basketball.

It will be interesting to see how the OU football team reacts after their dreams of undefeated glory were crushed as Iowa State planted their Cyclone flag, stabbing deeply into the grass on Owen Field. The underdog Longhorns are licking their chops.
__________________
SoonerTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:50 AM   #9
tycat947
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,888
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Our fans (perhaps all fans, I don't know) tend to keep things simple (or perhaps more apt, simplistic): For them, a defeat is almost always one person's fault. It seems to strain their powers of critical thinking to consider the possibility that there could be any number of factors that contribute to our team losing, that maybe, just maybe, more than one person is to blame.

Mike Stoops has been the go-to goat for years now; before him, ironically enough, it was Brent Venables, and back then, dozens of posters were calling for Brent to be axed and Mike to be brought back. I have no data to back me up but I would bet three months' rent that easily half the people calling for Mike's head in recent years were pleading for Bob Stoops to bring his brother back a few years ago.
Bingo!
__________________
Quote:
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Some people think being negative makes them sound like an expert.
tycat947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:12 AM   #10
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,811
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

This kind of reaction to a loss is exactly what is wrong with college football as a whole... Fan/media reaction to losing a game is beyond ridiculous, and i've heard a lot of people say that OU's season is now over.

First, it's not over from a national title perspective. Someone else will probably lose again or more than once.

Second, it doesn't matter. If OU wins 10-11 games this year that is a very good season. You should be totally happy with that. It's damn near impossible for 99.9% of programs to go undefeated in a season. It sets a weird standard where anything other than perfection = failure.

A lot of OSU fans have wanted to fire Gundy because they haven't gone to the playoff yet. That guy is the best thing that ever happened to OSU football. They have had unprecedented success with him as their coach.

Alabama is going through a dynasty period right now... Wasn't that long ago that Alabama sucked. The college football world is just going to have to live with that for awhile until they get caught cheating or Saban leaves. They just have an absurd amount of NFL talent. When you don't have an absurd amount of NFL talent, you can lose to a solid ISU team. You can lose to OSU. You can lose to TCU... There is more parity when its college athlete vs college athlete obviously.

Finally.... I made this same case in basketball in another thread. We need to remember that OU has won 1 national championship since 1986. 31 years, 1 national championship.

That right there shows you that perfection shouldn't even really be expected. How could you expect something that has happened 1 time in 3 decades? Just like in basketball, the more realistic goal to measure success is conference championships. If you happen to strike lightning and win a national title, great, but it seems insane for a fan-base to "expect" perfection when its happened one time in 31 years.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #11
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,052
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
This kind of reaction to a loss is exactly what is wrong with college football as a whole... Fan/media reaction to losing a game is beyond ridiculous, and i've heard a lot of people say that OU's season is now over.

First, it's not over from a national title perspective. Someone else will probably lose again or more than once.

Second, it doesn't matter. If OU wins 10-11 games this year that is a very good season. You should be totally happy with that. It's damn near impossible for 99.9% of programs to go undefeated in a season. It sets a weird standard where anything other than perfection = failure.

A lot of OSU fans have wanted to fire Gundy because they haven't gone to the playoff yet. That guy is the best thing that ever happened to OSU football. They have had unprecedented success with him as their coach.

Alabama is going through a dynasty period right now... Wasn't that long ago that Alabama sucked. The college football world is just going to have to live with that for awhile until they get caught cheating or Saban leaves. They just have an absurd amount of NFL talent. When you don't have an absurd amount of NFL talent, you can lose to a solid ISU team. You can lose to OSU. You can lose to TCU... There is more parity when its college athlete vs college athlete obviously.

Finally.... I made this same case in basketball in another thread. We need to remember that OU has won 1 national championship since 1986. 31 years, 1 national championship.

That right there shows you that perfection shouldn't even really be expected. How could you expect something that has happened 1 time in 3 decades? Just like in basketball, the more realistic goal to measure success is conference championships. If you happen to strike lightning and win a national title, great, but it seems insane for a fan-base to "expect" perfection when its happened one time in 31 years.
Ditto!
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:20 PM   #12
usedtobe1
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Posts: 3,031
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

I'll make my one football reference in this thread. I never expected Texas to have more momentum going into the RRR game than OU this year. Never dreamed it..... You gotta love sports.

I used to be an open level racquetball player. My wife never understood why I would rather lose a hard fought game 15-14 instead of winning an easy game 15-1. You have to love to compete to really enjoy sports. You thrive on getting pushed to your limit. These next couple of weeks will show how much the football team wants to compete.

I, too, am anxious to see the Sooner basketball team this season..... given last season's adversity. It will be a lot of fun watching them gel. Hopefully I have realistic expectations.
usedtobe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:24 PM   #13
tycat947
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,888
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
This kind of reaction to a loss is exactly what is wrong with college football as a whole... Fan/media reaction to losing a game is beyond ridiculous, and i've heard a lot of people say that OU's season is now over.

First, it's not over from a national title perspective. Someone else will probably lose again or more than once.

Second, it doesn't matter. If OU wins 10-11 games this year that is a very good season. You should be totally happy with that. It's damn near impossible for 99.9% of programs to go undefeated in a season. It sets a weird standard where anything other than perfection = failure.

A lot of OSU fans have wanted to fire Gundy because they haven't gone to the playoff yet. That guy is the best thing that ever happened to OSU football. They have had unprecedented success with him as their coach.

Alabama is going through a dynasty period right now... Wasn't that long ago that Alabama sucked. The college football world is just going to have to live with that for awhile until they get caught cheating or Saban leaves. They just have an absurd amount of NFL talent. When you don't have an absurd amount of NFL talent, you can lose to a solid ISU team. You can lose to OSU. You can lose to TCU... There is more parity when its college athlete vs college athlete obviously.

Finally.... I made this same case in basketball in another thread. We need to remember that OU has won 1 national championship since 1986. 31 years, 1 national championship.

That right there shows you that perfection shouldn't even really be expected. How could you expect something that has happened 1 time in 3 decades? Just like in basketball, the more realistic goal to measure success is conference championships. If you happen to strike lightning and win a national title, great, but it seems insane for a fan-base to "expect" perfection when its happened one time in 31 years.
Great post!
__________________
Quote:
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Some people think being negative makes them sound like an expert.
tycat947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:11 PM   #14
usedtobe1
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Posts: 3,031
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
This kind of reaction to a loss is exactly what is wrong with college football as a whole... Fan/media reaction to losing a game is beyond ridiculous, and i've heard a lot of people say that OU's season is now over.

First, it's not over from a national title perspective. Someone else will probably lose again or more than once.

Second, it doesn't matter. If OU wins 10-11 games this year that is a very good season. You should be totally happy with that. It's damn near impossible for 99.9% of programs to go undefeated in a season. It sets a weird standard where anything other than perfection = failure.

A lot of OSU fans have wanted to fire Gundy because they haven't gone to the playoff yet. That guy is the best thing that ever happened to OSU football. They have had unprecedented success with him as their coach.

Alabama is going through a dynasty period right now... Wasn't that long ago that Alabama sucked. The college football world is just going to have to live with that for awhile until they get caught cheating or Saban leaves. They just have an absurd amount of NFL talent. When you don't have an absurd amount of NFL talent, you can lose to a solid ISU team. You can lose to OSU. You can lose to TCU... There is more parity when its college athlete vs college athlete obviously.

Finally.... I made this same case in basketball in another thread. We need to remember that OU has won 1 national championship since 1986. 31 years, 1 national championship.

That right there shows you that perfection shouldn't even really be expected. How could you expect something that has happened 1 time in 3 decades? Just like in basketball, the more realistic goal to measure success is conference championships. If you happen to strike lightning and win a national title, great, but it seems insane for a fan-base to "expect" perfection when its happened one time in 31 years.
I've rooted against OU one time in my life. I wanted them to lose their last football game of the season to Texas Tech to ensure that John Blake would be fired. Ironically they won that game but the regents fired him anyway.

I swore then that I would never be dissatisfied with "only" winning 70% of their games ..... and I haven't. I don't take losses as hard as I did when I was younger. I've learned there are a lot more important things in life than sporting events. That includes Sooner basketball. I'm just grateful for the opportunity to watch and enjoy them another season.
usedtobe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:15 PM   #15
skyvue
Elite Eight
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,702
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobe1 View Post
I've rooted against OU one time in my life. I wanted them to lose their last football game of the season to Texas Tech to ensure that John Blake would be fired. Ironically they won that game but the regents fired him anyway.

I swore then that I would never be dissatisfied with "only" winning 70% of their games ..... and I haven't. I don't take losses as hard as I did when I was younger. I've learned there are a lot more important things in life than sporting events. That includes Sooner basketball. I'm just grateful for the opportunity to watch and enjoy them another season.
I'm with you. The '90s were a transformative decade for me as a Sooner fan. Part of it is just maturing, I suppose, as the years go by, but that decade gave me a sense of perspective I might not otherwise have ever had.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:13 PM   #16
sheepdogs1
All-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,572
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Some things should be taken with a grain of salt (like my posts).
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:17 PM   #17
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,052
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobe1 View Post
I've rooted against OU one time in my life. I wanted them to lose their last football game of the season to Texas Tech to ensure that John Blake would be fired. Ironically they won that game but the regents fired him anyway.

I swore then that I would never be dissatisfied with "only" winning 70% of their games ..... and I haven't. I don't take losses as hard as I did when I was younger. I've learned there are a lot more important things in life than sporting events. That includes Sooner basketball. I'm just grateful for the opportunity to watch and enjoy them another season.
I remember a lot of people making a similar vow after Blake was fired and Stoops was hired. Unfortunately, too many of them have developed amnesia since then.
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:21 PM   #18
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,052
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobe1 View Post
I'll make my one football reference in this thread. I never expected Texas to have more momentum going into the RRR game than OU this year. Never dreamed it..... You gotta love sports.

I used to be an open level racquetball player. My wife never understood why I would rather lose a hard fought game 15-14 instead of winning an easy game 15-1. You have to love to compete to really enjoy sports. You thrive on getting pushed to your limit. These next couple of weeks will show how much the football team wants to compete.

I, too, am anxious to see the Sooner basketball team this season..... given last season's adversity. It will be a lot of fun watching them gel. Hopefully I have realistic expectations.
I think the returning players will be hungry for success. Combine that with the enthusiasm and talent of the new players and I think they could have a very successful season.
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:41 PM   #19
Laxtothemax12
All-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,391
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerTraveler View Post
I look forward to OU football season, then stay away from the football message boards after a mediocre performance or loss.

I look forward to OU basketball season, then stay away from the basketball message boards after a mediocre performance or loss.

It is the same all over. There are just a lot more people that are passionate about OU football compared to basketball.

It will be interesting to see how the OU football team reacts after their dreams of undefeated glory were crushed as Iowa State planted their Cyclone flag, stabbing deeply into the grass on Owen Field. The underdog Longhorns are licking their chops.
That's probably a good strategy. Others (definitely not me ) use it to vent.
Laxtothemax12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:44 PM   #20
Laxtothemax12
All-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,391
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
This kind of reaction to a loss is exactly what is wrong with college football as a whole... Fan/media reaction to losing a game is beyond ridiculous, and i've heard a lot of people say that OU's season is now over.

First, it's not over from a national title perspective. Someone else will probably lose again or more than once.

Second, it doesn't matter. If OU wins 10-11 games this year that is a very good season. You should be totally happy with that. It's damn near impossible for 99.9% of programs to go undefeated in a season. It sets a weird standard where anything other than perfection = failure.

A lot of OSU fans have wanted to fire Gundy because they haven't gone to the playoff yet. That guy is the best thing that ever happened to OSU football. They have had unprecedented success with him as their coach.

Alabama is going through a dynasty period right now... Wasn't that long ago that Alabama sucked. The college football world is just going to have to live with that for awhile until they get caught cheating or Saban leaves. They just have an absurd amount of NFL talent. When you don't have an absurd amount of NFL talent, you can lose to a solid ISU team. You can lose to OSU. You can lose to TCU... There is more parity when its college athlete vs college athlete obviously.

Finally.... I made this same case in basketball in another thread. We need to remember that OU has won 1 national championship since 1986. 31 years, 1 national championship.

That right there shows you that perfection shouldn't even really be expected. How could you expect something that has happened 1 time in 3 decades? Just like in basketball, the more realistic goal to measure success is conference championships. If you happen to strike lightning and win a national title, great, but it seems insane for a fan-base to "expect" perfection when its happened one time in 31 years.
Season isn't over for Football, but don't fall into the trap that the ISU game wasn't that bad. Two games in a row they've gone up 14-0 within the first 10 minutes and then Mike Stoops has just not gotten stops on the defensive end. With the offense we have, losing 14 point leads, especially to Iowa State, is like if we blew a 20+ point first half lead at home during Buddy's senior year to like TCU and lost. I think we'd be pretty pissed if that happened.
Laxtothemax12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:52 PM   #21
skyvue
Elite Eight
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,702
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxtothemax12 View Post
Two games in a row they've gone up 14-0 within the first 10 minutes and then Mike Stoops has just not gotten stops on the defensive end.
Hard for Mike to get stops from up in the booth. And he's lost most of his foot speed, anyway, from what I hear.

The nation's top offense scored seven points in the second half. Siebert missed a much-needed field goal. We had a number of back-breaking (and mostly stupid) penalties.

There's plenty of blame to go around (and some bad luck too, in the form of a long string of injuries during the game). Placing it all on Mike Stoops' shoulders doesn't begin to tell the whole story.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #22
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,052
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Hard for Mike to get stops from up in the booth. And he's lost most of his foot speed, anyway, from what I hear.

The nation's top offense scored seven points in the second half. Siebert missed a much-needed field goal. We had a number of back-breaking (and mostly stupid) penalties.

There's plenty of blame to go around (and some bad luck too, in the form of a long string of injuries during the game). Placing it all on Mike Stoops' shoulders doesn't begin to tell the whole story.
5* post!
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #23
Stikboy
Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,295
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

OU's football team has played soft the last 3 games. But, OU's offense before the ISU game was #1 in the nation in total offense. I haven't checked lately but if they're not still they're close. They aren't completely without blame, but to suggest that most of OU's issues aren't with the defense is beyond ridiculous. This isn't anything new since Stoops came back for his second OU tenure.
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:53 PM   #24
skyvue
Elite Eight
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,702
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
OU's football team has played soft the last 3 games. But, OU's offense before the ISU game was #1 in the nation in total offense. I haven't checked lately but if they're not still they're close. They aren't completely without blame, but to suggest that most of OU's issues aren't with the defense is beyond ridiculous. This isn't anything new since Stoops came back for his second OU tenure.
I don't think I suggested anything of the kind, but fans were screaming for Venables to be sent packing too. The fact is -- and it's been true for years -- the Big 12 is a very talented offensive league. When fans were screaming for Mike's return on the football boards, I warned them to be careful what they wished for. He returned to a VERY different league, offensively, than the one he left. I had my doubts he would succeed in his second go-around and voiced them at the time.

But I've watched football for too many years to think for one second that Saturday's loss was solely Mike's fault. We lost that game in just about every way possible. I had already mentioned that our offense was the nation's best entering the game, but they did not play like it on Saturday. The penalties were killer, the injuries played a huge role (on both sides of the ball). It was one of those nightmarish perfect-storm kind of upsets.

Oh, and lest we forget, ISU played its collective ass off. They're a very talented offense, even with a backup senior QB, and their defense played very solidly--that Baker spent a good portion of the game scrambling, desperately looking for someone to throw to (and too often in vain), proves that. So maybe we should have run more, and maybe, just maybe, Riley gets some of the blame for the defeat.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:54 PM   #25
skyvue
Elite Eight
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,702
Default Re: Looking forward to Basketball

(I'm probably going to get chewed out -- and rightfully so -- for talking football on a basketball board, so my apologies. I'll hush now.)
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com