ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Campus Corner

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 11:16 AM   #26
womenssports
Starter

Default Re: Sue Bird Announcement Made Me Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
The rumor I heard was for a job with the University, not the basketball program. Also, in the ESPN story about this tragedy, a former partner mentioned Rosalind was wanting to return to OU for education shortly before she died and I'd be shocked if she would want to return to a place where her coach was very homophobic! Doesn't make sense! I actually met a former girlfriend of Rosalind this summer in Spain who was taking an OU graduate level course at a military base and I'm pretty sure this woman didn't date her in Norman.

I find it interesting you are making innuendos about Coale, along with this former player, when you stated both you and her didn't know what she meant! You must think you know what she meant or you wouldn't have posted that comment in this thread. Coale is NOT perfect and I've stated that multiple times over the years.

As for your comments about me, you have no clue of anything about me. I will keep my assumptions about you to myself!
I have said about Coale: 1) she won't recruit an openly gay player or she hasn't to date 2) I do believe the fact that the fact that the details around Roz's death left no question about her gender preference and that because of that the university and Coale did not give her the recognition that they would have had it been Caufield or Dales 3) the two or three stories I read said she had a job with Sherri.......doesn't matter because if she had a job with Sherri or the University it was never acknowledged, so I am guessing she did not have one or whomever she was going to work for did not acknowledge it and if that were the case, then this was wrong and homophobic. 4) As far as Sherri being homophobic, you either take the moral ground or you don't, if you don't you are complicit in the homophobia which abounds in this state and should NEVER be accepted at a public university. 5) Not saying Coale should be fired or that she is a terrible person, but feel it is time for her to stand-up for all women.....after all, without bi and lesbian women, she would not have made it to the championship game and two final fours

You really do come from a place of privilege. I did not say that Roz did not like Sherri. I did not say that she did not like OU. However, even if coming back to Oklahoma meant coming back to work for a person who was homophobic, if she would have had to be private about her personal life, people who are lesbian and gay, bi and transgendered have been having to do that for centuries AND it hasn't changed. Plus, I have never said Sherri was outwardly homophobic since being at OU.

My beliefs about you come from reading what you write here. You just do not get so many social issues. They don't affect you personally, so they do not matter. Maybe one day you will open your eyes. I am an open book. You can say what you want about me. I will either admit it or say again, you have no clue. Personally, I think you did not say anything personal about me because you had nothing to say except that maybe you do not like me, which is really irrelevant to the conversation.

Last edited by womenssports; 07-26-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #27
womenssports
Starter

Quote:
The rumor I heard was for a job with the University, not the basketball program. Also, in the ESPN story about this tragedy, a former partner mentioned Rosalind was wanting to return to OU for education shortly before she died and I'd be shocked if she would want to return to a place where her coach was very homophobic! Doesn't make sense! I actually met a former girlfriend of Rosalind this summer in Spain who was taking an OU graduate level course at a military base and I'm pretty sure this woman didn't date her in Norman.
I find it interesting you are making innuendos about Coale, along with this former player, when you stated both you and her didn't know what she meant! You must think you know what she meant or you wouldn't have posted that comment in this thread. Coale is NOT perfect and I've stated that multiple times over the years.[/quote]

I have no idea what you are saying in the bold. I said I did not think she had a job with the ouwbb program, though it was reported that she said she did. Her brother stated it in an interview. I said if she DID have such a job
then Sherri should have even had more to say about losing someone she had hired. My guess is Roz may have told some people she had a recruiting job when she didn't. Maybe she hoped to get one.

Finally, I made no mention of your thinking Sherri Coale was perfect, so have no clue how that comment is relevant.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:26 PM   #28
soonermom1000
Walk-on

WHO CARES ????????????

You all must be having a boring summer !!!!
Old 07-27-2017, 09:30 AM   #29
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermom1000 View Post
WHO CARES ????????????

Couldn't have said it better myself! Time to move on before this thread gets out of hand!
Old 07-27-2017, 02:12 PM   #30
threepointshooter
Walk-on

Quote:
Tell me one player that ANY coach at OU has recruited which was/is openly gay! This IS Oklahoma after all.

She also didn't have to invite family to Oklahoma. They were in Wisconsin and 99.9% of fans in Oklahoma would have never known. Rosalind was also rumored to be coming back to Oklahoma to work at OU.
This IS Oklahoma. But it's interesting that it hasn't been an issue with the program in Stillwater.

Even this spring, OSU heavily recruited Taylor Emery. The OSU coaches had no problem "liking" and retweeting outsports.com stories about Emery on Twitter. Stories with headlines such as, "Openly Gay Player Wins Top Award in Women's Junior College Basketball."

https://twitter.com/hallerik/status/851461129180237824

The family and girlfriend of a recent OSU star walked onto the court with the player during Senior Night festivities.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #31
womenssports
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermom1000 View Post
WHO CARES ????????????

OBVIOUSLY, I do. And certainly not because I am having a boring summer. But such a powerful, intelligent zinger to a very important topic. You do KNOW you do not have to read topics which bore you.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:19 PM   #32
womenssports
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself! Time to move on before this thread gets out of hand!
I will repeat what I said above: OBVIOUSLY, I do. And certainly not because I am having a boring summer. But such a powerful, intelligent zinger to a very important topic. You do KNOW you do not have to read topics which bore you.

Funny, a topic more important and relevant in today's social than a punch Britney Griner threw 7 or so years ago, you consider might get out of hand. SMH Guess I am not being properly subservient to the white straight males on the board.

And who cares: WBCA does. Should THEIR position of pushing an agenda of inclusion of glbt rights matter?
Old 07-27-2017, 06:22 PM   #33
womenssports
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by threepointshooter View Post
This IS Oklahoma. But it's interesting that it hasn't been an issue with the program in Stillwater.

Even this spring, OSU heavily recruited Taylor Emery. The OSU coaches had no problem "liking" and retweeting outsports.com stories about Emery on Twitter. Stories with headlines such as, "Openly Gay Player Wins Top Award in Women's Junior College Basketball."

https://twitter.com/hallerik/status/851461129180237824

The family and girlfriend of a recent OSU star walked onto the court with the player during Senior Night festivities.
If only OUWBB would get on board with the positon of the WBCA. Would do half of what OSU has done to date.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:47 PM   #34
womenssports
Starter

And to think, last night I was regretting my involvement in this thread. This type of social media does not lend itself to intelligent discussions of political and social issues. Thus, I felt bad for stating the obvious because these issues are just not obvious to some people. They are not relevant to them. I am not going to change any minds no matter how I put things. It would take posts which were too long, plus anyone who didn't agree would still take an offensive tone in any response. I still regret getting involved but after seeing two of the posts which considered this matter irrelevant I felt it was better to reply first than say anything about regrets. My biggest regret is that ALL of us, including me, are not kinder to each other. However, my participation and even just reading of this board has waned and I have no intention of any further involvement here. I am quite sure that will make the regular posters happy. If so, I guess that is a good thing. My wish for all people is that they have as much happiness as possible. It is sad that more than a few here find that happiness in the sniping at each other over REALLY trivial matters. These attitudes are indicative of what is going on in our country today, the hate, personal insecurity, needing to have someone to look down upon to make oneself feel better. Unfortunately, this attitude is being passed on to our grade school and high school kids. And you wonder why these kids do not have better attitudes? Might feel entitled? WELL, believe it or not, I will end this with I truly wish the best to everyone. I do hope we all become a little kinder, have a lot more patience and become seriously less judgmental about everything and especially about situations about which we have no personal experience or knowledge.

Last edited by womenssports; 07-27-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:34 PM   #35
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by womenssports View Post
I will repeat what I said above: OBVIOUSLY, I do. And certainly not because I am having a boring summer. But such a powerful, intelligent zinger to a very important topic. You do KNOW you do not have to read topics which bore you.

Funny, a topic more important and relevant in today's social than a punch Britney Griner threw 7 or so years ago, you consider might get out of hand. SMH Guess I am not being properly subservient to the white straight males on the board.

And who cares: WBCA does. Should THEIR position of pushing an agenda of inclusion of glbt rights matter?
My position is simple. It has absolutely nothing to do with gay rights. My wife and I have gay friends and even gay family members we care about. We don't pretend to understand the lifestyle they chose, but they still have our utmost love and respect.

This is a basketball board, not an open forum to discuss sensitive topics like gay rights. If you want to continue this discussion, you can do it on the Campus Corner forum, where all off-topic threads find a home if they're on the main BB boards long enough.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #36
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by womenssports View Post
SMH Guess I am not being properly subservient to the white straight males on the board.
Oh good Lord.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:17 PM   #37
Romulus
Starter

It's a good thing Stacy Dales wasn't openly gay before she got to OU
Old 07-29-2017, 10:00 AM   #38
threepointshooter
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
It's a good thing Stacy Dales wasn't openly gay before she got to OU
Yes it is.

It's a shame the thread was moved. The topic of the thread - would Sherri recruit an openly gay player - is definitely related to OU women's basketball.

It seems until an openly gay player is on the team, or until a gay former player speaks out, the question will continue to come up amongst the fans. So far all they have to go on is Rosalind Ross telling her mother the climate here was "unreceptive to lesbian players."
Closed Thread