ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #251
Sooner04
All-Conference

Default Re: Possible transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew G View Post
I'm not worried about Moser and P5 level players.

I think we just need to stop thinking we're going to have top 10/15 recruiting classes. We'll get 4 star players that want to be here for 3+ years, not 1 and dones or 2 and dones.
And hopefully no pie in the sky projects for the interior/post.
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM   #252
Matthew G
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkranger View Post
Any chance we could get in on Adam Miller from Illinois if Harmon commits to Kentucky, assuming he'll get an offer?
Doubtful. He'll have UK and many others wanting him.

There's plenty of PG type players in the portal. Unfortunately, this is a new staff, so connections to who we are going after aren't going to be there this offseason, so we'll have to rely on the players themselves to talk to reporters and say OU has reached out for us to know.
Matthew G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM   #253
pnkranger
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew G View Post
FYI, Bishop chose Texa$

Wonder if this helps us with Groves. They already have Timmy Allen. I would assume you pencil in Bishop and Allen as starters as the two forward spots. Groves might be able to beat out Bishop for a starting spot, but his brotherís going to be buried on the depth chart in the front court and canít play a true guard position. I would think they would both want a good situation to play.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:17 AM   #254
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
I fear Joe C. overestimated the appeal Coach Moser holds for Power 5-level players.
Legit concern.
Old Today, 07:35 AM   #255
colston15
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
Legit concern.
Can we at least give the guy a month on the job first?

After that, if we've landed no helpful portal targets, we can discuss it as a legitimate concern.
colston15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:49 AM   #256
Maverick008
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
I fear Joe C. overestimated the appeal Coach Moser holds for Power 5-level players.
Iím curious to hear your insight on what Coach Moserís appeal or lack there of for Power 5-level players is? I must have missed the memo that he didnít realize or doesnít care that there is better overall talent in the Power 5 conferences. Clearly his team/s was/were over matched by those power 5 conferences on their way to a final four/sweet 16.

As another poster said, why donít we give the guy a second to recruit some players, portal and high school/juco talent before we claim to know what his appeal or lack there of it for Power 5 players? We already have other posters wanting to turn away a PG from Duke as well. Crazy world we live in that one player a lot of the board bashed all the time transfers to UNC and now we bash a coach for trying to bring in a player from Duke....

In two years if Coach Moser has had 2 classes come and go and hasnít signed one four star type player through all the routes mentioned above and the results all below average, then sure lets bag on the guy. But 2 weeks into his tenure we are second guessing his recruiting because he has only signed one 3 star top 250 player seems to be a little premature.
Maverick008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:07 AM   #257
Darwin
Starter

I understand impatience but it doesn't require a hair on fire response. We should feel lucky to have a competitive team year one, compared to Lon or Capel's.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:18 AM   #258
CoachTalk
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
Legit concern.
Lol. Bring in 2/3 dudes the caliber of harkless and Gibson and weíll be just fine. Heís been the coach for 2 weeks!
CoachTalk is online now   Reply With Quote