ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 09-10-2019, 11:51 AM   #351
skyvue
Elite Eight

Default Re: 2020 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
My point is, the exposure high profile players receive at OU is just as good (maybe better) as KU or any other so called blue blood school. It certainly didn’t hurt any of the players I listed here.
Yep. A top star at OU (and we've had some in recent years) truly stands out in a way he might not necessarily at ku.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #352
jaymOU
Role Player

Smile Re: 2020 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Yep. A top star at OU (and we've had some in recent years) truly stands out in a way he might not necessarily at ku.
I don't disagree and this has to be a selling point for LK and company, however, Norman does not have 12K people in the stands every day and you are NOT the big dog on campus, which is appealing to many 18-year old kids. I have no idea about Bryce's personality, but if he wants the brightest spotlight, one could argue KU would provide that - both on and off the court.

I remember a story about Blake Griffin not even being recognized at a McDonalds on the Turner Turnpike. Do you think any KU basketball player at a McDonalds in KC would not be recognized?

Not saying OU's fans are bad, but basketball plays second fiddle to football - always will.

I would recruit Bryce the way OU recruits football players - we will win championships with or without you - do you want to be a part of winning with us?

Now all that being said, Bryce would, obviously, be a better player in Norman
jaymOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:46 PM   #353
coolm
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymOU View Post
I don't disagree and this has to be a selling point for LK and company, however, Norman does not have 12K people in the stands every day and you are NOT the big dog on campus, which is appealing to many 18-year old kids. I have no idea about Bryce's personality, but if he wants the brightest spotlight, one could argue KU would provide that - both on and off the court.

I remember a story about Blake Griffin not even being recognized at a McDonalds on the Turner Turnpike. Do you think any KU basketball player at a McDonalds in KC would not be recognized?

Not saying OU's fans are bad, but basketball plays second fiddle to football - always will.

I would recruit Bryce the way OU recruits football players - we will win championships with or without you - do you want to be a part of winning with us?

Now all that being said, Bryce would, obviously, be a better player in Norman
pretty much all this
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:25 PM   #354
vbdad
Role Player

He would be a star in Norman. I’m sure he would be great elsewhere too but harder to be the star at KU. I can’t imagine him being an aggie but crazier things have happened.
vbdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:47 PM   #355
skyvue
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymOU View Post
I see your point -- basketball is undeniably king at ku as football is in Norman -- but I'm sure OU football players go unrecognized at fast food joints all the time. And I'm confident Buddy, Blake and Trae each got all the attention they could have ever wanted during their time in Norman.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:20 PM   #356
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbdad View Post
He would be a star in Norman. I’m sure he would be great elsewhere too but harder to be the star at KU. I can’t imagine him being an aggie but crazier things have happened.
Confident it’s ou or KU but it’s recruiting
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #357
kbsooner
Walk-on

https://twitter.com/B3thompson__/sta...348197889?s=19

we didn't get same tweetment.
kbsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:33 PM   #358
Max Power
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsooner View Post
Only positive i can find is mom is not in the picture. Could be nothing, could be everything

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote