ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 08-19-2021, 08:29 AM   #1
cowboysooner
Starter

Default Moser on the Radio

Moser was on the T-Row in the morning show today. I had to miss it. Any of you hear the interview willing to fill us in on what he said? Thanks.
cowboysooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:43 PM   #2
Darwin
Starter

Default Re: Moser on the Radio

I was listening. He was positive about the team and the learning process with the wall of sayings. Talked about defense and leadership.Talked about football and the move to the sec. IMO said nothing about who was excelling, really nothing informative other than about them as a group.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 01:51 PM   #3
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
I was listening. He was positive about the team and the learning process with the wall of sayings. Talked about defense and leadership.Talked about football and the move to the sec. IMO said nothing about who was excelling, really nothing informative other than about them as a group.
Does anyone know if he holds open practices?

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 02:37 PM   #4
skyvue
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
I sure hope so. That was one of my favorite things about Coach Kruger's tenure. I only got to attend one practice, but as I've posted before, I had a great time. If I lived locally, I could attended practice several times a year.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:03 PM   #5
NickZepp
National Champion

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/s...08_16_59-07_00

Here's he podcast of it.

Last edited by NickZepp; 08-19-2021 at 05:05 PM.
NickZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 05:11 PM   #6
WichitaSooner
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
I have no inside info but I won’t hold my breath. Lon is about the only coach I’ve heard of doing that. Some coaches open up a practice once in a blue moon but not when they are doing anything meaningful.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 09:56 AM   #7
Sooner Season
Walk-on

I spoke with someone who has since left the staff and he said Moser was astonished that all practices were open and sounded pretty skeptical to continuing the practice. "Maybe every once in a while" was his quote I believe.
Sooner Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 10:14 AM   #8
hoopsaustin
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner Season View Post
I spoke with someone who has since left the staff and he said Moser was astonished that all practices were open and sounded pretty skeptical to continuing the practice. "Maybe every once in a while" was his quote I believe.
I'll be in the minority camp, but I hope it's closed. I feel like closed just brings a different atmosphere
Old 08-20-2021, 10:45 AM   #9
Darwin
Starter

Billy had open Saturday morning scrimmages, that would make me happy.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:31 AM   #10
CoachTalk
National Champion

Moser the most energetic coach/person I have ever met. No idea where it all comes from!
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:57 AM   #11
WichitaSooner
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
I'll be in the minority camp, but I hope it's closed. I feel like closed just brings a different atmosphere
I think the vast majority of coaches can’t have open practices because the things that happen in a typical practice would offend too many people, especially in this era. Lon is one of the only guys who behaves the same way behind closed doors that he does in public, so that wasn’t a concern for him. The other factor is that so many coaches are paranoid and think they need to be secretive. I love Lincoln Riley but he is one of the worst at not wanting any info out there. I remember hearing Lon say many times that he never worried about that because with all the video and data available these days, there really are no secrets anyway.

To you point, though, if a coach would have to change his behavior and personality in order to have an open practice, it probably wouldn’t be a good idea.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 12:49 PM   #12
NorthCarolinaSooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
I think the vast majority of coaches can’t have open practices because the things that happen in a typical practice would offend too many people, especially in this era. Lon is one of the only guys who behaves the same way behind closed doors that he does in public, so that wasn’t a concern for him. The other factor is that so many coaches are paranoid and think they need to be secretive. I love Lincoln Riley but he is one of the worst at not wanting any info out there. I remember hearing Lon say many times that he never worried about that because with all the video and data available these days, there really are no secrets anyway.

To you point, though, if a coach would have to change his behavior and personality in order to have an open practice, it probably wouldn’t be a good idea.
When I was at the college level I don't think most people would have wanted to hear me at practices if they were open. LOL Although we would occasionally have people in it wasn't typical for us to have them. We never had true open practices but I never told anyone they couldn't be in the gym if they came by.
NorthCarolinaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 03:30 PM   #13
Northbase
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
I think the vast majority of coaches can’t have open practices because the things that happen in a typical practice would offend too many people, especially in this era. Lon is one of the only guys who behaves the same way behind closed doors that he does in public, so that wasn’t a concern for him.
Besides Lon, Paul Hansen was a similar type person and coach. An extraordinary good person.
Northbase is offline   Reply With Quote