ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Campus Corner

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2020, 10:17 AM   #26
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 12,187
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
Which of the two political parties supports Antifa more than the other? Which party has not opposed Chaz (Bono)?
Did Ronna McDaniel (head of the RNC) or Tom Perez (head of the DNC) come out and declare support for these things, or issue statements against them?

I support peoples right to peacefully protest. If that equation changes, I support law enforcement doing what is necessary and within reason to restore order.

Again, opinions and stances within the political parties are going to be varied... Some support, some don't.... but its not fair to just wrap everything into "Democrats support rapist Antifa thugs in Seattle" like mict085 is trying to insinuate.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:20 AM   #27
steverocks35
Elite Eight
 
steverocks35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,879
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Did Ronna McDaniel (head of the RNC) or Tom Perez (head of the DNC) come out and declare support for these things, or issue statements against them?

I support peoples right to peacefully protest. If that equation changes, I support law enforcement doing what is necessary and within reason to restore order.

Again, opinions and stances within the political parties are going to be varied... Some support, some don't.... but its not fair to just wrap everything into "Democrats support rapist Antifa thugs in Seattle" like mict085 is trying to insinuate.
These are all just strawmen and distractions from the issue at hand. They have no other arguments really.
steverocks35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:32 AM   #28
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,339
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Did Ronna McDaniel (head of the RNC) or Tom Perez (head of the DNC) come out and declare support for these things, or issue statements against them?

I support peoples right to peacefully protest. If that equation changes, I support law enforcement doing what is necessary and within reason to restore order.

Again, opinions and stances within the political parties are going to be varied... Some support, some don't.... but its not fair to just wrap everything into "Democrats support rapist Antifa thugs in Seattle" like mict085 is trying to insinuate.
If mainstream media was against something they would clearly make their opinion well know. CNN and MSNBC "conveniently" look the other way.

You were asked which party supports Antifa more. I did not ask what stiff shirt within the party elite has to say for the party is of the people.
sheepdogs1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:33 AM   #29
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,405
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
If mainstream media was against something they would clearly make their opinion well know. CNN and MSNBC "conveniently" look the other way.

You were asked which party supports Antifa more. I did not ask what stiff shirt within the party elite has to say for the party is of the people.
We are not the main stream media. I donít support antifa. That clear it up?
BCSooners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:45 AM   #30
steverocks35
Elite Eight
 
steverocks35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,879
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
If mainstream media was against something they would clearly make their opinion well know. CNN and MSNBC "conveniently" look the other way.

You were asked which party supports Antifa more. I did not ask what stiff shirt within the party elite has to say for the party is of the people.
No party supports Antifa, what are you talking about? And the hysterics over "antifa" are really hilarious to me. "Antifa" to the extent it exists at all in America are a bunch of spoiled white rich kids playing dress-up.
steverocks35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:46 AM   #31
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,339
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
We are not the main stream media. I don’t support antifa. That clear it up?

There is a thing called the narrative. Either the media is in more of a position to set it or you, sitting at home, are. You speak for yourself. What % of republicans do you believe supports Antifa versus democrats.


If both parties were against it then why is Chaz still in existence?
sheepdogs1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:49 AM   #32
steverocks35
Elite Eight
 
steverocks35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,879
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
There is a thing called the narrative. Either the media is in more of a position to set it or you, sitting at home, are. You speak for yourself. What % of republicans do you believe supports Antifa versus democrats.


If both parties were against it then why is Chaz still in existence?
0% and 0%, does that help?
steverocks35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:50 AM   #33
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,405
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
There is a thing called the narrative. Either the media is in more of a position to set it or you, sitting at home, are. You speak for yourself. What % of republicans do you believe supports Antifa versus democrats.
The media doesnít set my narrative, I do my own research and come to my own conclusions. It annoys me when people use Fox & CNN as there only POV. I havenít seen anyone support antifa. I have seen antifa members get the hell beat out of them by protesters for trying to incite violence.
BCSooners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:52 AM   #34
steverocks35
Elite Eight
 
steverocks35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,879
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
The media doesn’t set my narrative, I do my own research and come to my own conclusions. It annoys me when people use Fox & CNN as there only POV. I haven’t seen anyone support antifa. I have seen antifa members get the hell beat out of them by protesters for trying to incite violence.
A lot of the ones inciting violence were Boogaloos (google it).
steverocks35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:15 AM   #35
mict085
Starter
 
mict085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,346
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
No party supports Antifa, what are you talking about? And the hysterics over "antifa" are really hilarious to me. "Antifa" to the extent it exists at all in America are a bunch of spoiled white rich kids playing dress-up.
Antifa does exist and they’re only goal is to incite violence and mayhem. Yes, they’re mostly white, spoiled, radical left wing democrats. Local and national democrats have remained silent on their violent rioting and anarchist behavior. Some dems have been very supportive. They are criminals.

You continue to deflect from the truth because it does not suit your narrative of lies.
mict085 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:16 AM   #36
steverocks35
Elite Eight
 
steverocks35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,879
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
Antifa does exist and they’re only goal is to incite violence and mayhem. Yes, they’re mostly white, spoiled, radical left wing democrats. Local and national democrats have remained silent on their violent rioting and anarchist behavior. Some dems have been very supportive. They are criminals.

You co tonite to deflect from the truth because it spies not suit your narrative of lies.
This is extremely artistic as well. The typos in the last line were a brilliant touch, bravo!
steverocks35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:19 AM   #37
mict085
Starter
 
mict085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,346
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
This is extremely artistic as well. The typos in the last line were a brilliant touch, bravo!
Iím posting from my phone and my fat fingers. More deflection tho. Well done.
mict085 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:21 AM   #38
steverocks35
Elite Eight
 
steverocks35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,879
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
I’m posting from my phone and my fat fingers. More deflection tho. Well done.
Don't be modest, it was amazing!
steverocks35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:24 AM   #39
mict085
Starter
 
mict085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,346
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
Don't be modest, it was amazing!
Youíre right. I donít know how to spell and Iím uneducated. I defer to your educational superiority of being a lab rat with no clinical experience in patient care. We all know the best minds are recruited to work in the VA health system in Oklahoma.
mict085 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:28 AM   #40
steverocks35
Elite Eight
 
steverocks35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,879
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
You’re right. I don’t know how to spell and I’m uneducated. I defer to your educational superiority of being a lab rat with no clinical experience in patient care. We all know the best minds are recruited to work in the VA health system in Oklahoma.
Lmao, I have a master's degree in public health from OU (4.0 student) and I do have clinical experience, not that it matters when you're talking about epidemiology. I run the hematology department and I am on the Covid-19 workgroup. We still meet daily. I have helped plan our response from day one.

Is this more artistry at work? You're really good at it, you should take your show on the road.
steverocks35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:29 AM   #41
mict085
Starter
 
mict085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,346
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
Lmao, I have a master's degree in public health from OU (4.0 student) and I do have clinical experience, not that it matters when you're talking about epidemiology. I run the hematology department and I am on the Covid-19 workgroup. We still meet daily. I have helped plan our response from day one.

Is this more artistry at work? You're really good at it, you should take your show on the road.
What patients have you taken care of? In what capacity? A masters in public health? LOL
mict085 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:31 AM   #42
steverocks35
Elite Eight
 
steverocks35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,879
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
What patients have you taken care of? In what capacity? A masters in public health? LOL
I worked as a patient care tech in a busy emergency room fresh out of high school while I was in college. I did all kinds of crazy stuff. It helped steer me towards laboratory science actually. I worked there for 6 years.
steverocks35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:36 AM   #43
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 12,187
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
Antifa does exist and theyíre only goal is to incite violence and mayhem. Yes, theyíre mostly white, spoiled, radical left wing democrats. Local and national democrats have remained silent on their violent rioting and anarchist behavior. Some dems have been very supportive. They are criminals.

You continue to deflect from the truth because it does not suit your narrative of lies.
Is anyone left of center a democrat? Your world-view appears to be very narrow. Most other democracies (real ones) have many more active political parties that actually represent segments of the population. We have a two-party system, so a "far left" person may support Democrats because its the closet to them they have, just as far right fascist groups support Republicans because its the option that is closest to them that they have. Even though those who are very far left don't really have their interests represented by the majority of the Democratic Party, and those on the far right don't have their interests represented by the majority of the Republican Party.

For example, Norway... One of the world's best democracies. Their parliament (Congress, if you will) is represented with 9 political parties. Meaning, 9 different parties have seats in their parliament. 15 other parties vied for seats, but didn't make the vote cut.

The group with the most seats is the Labour Party, which would translate to our Democrats... The second most is the Conservative Party, which would translate to our Republicans. The others have who representation in their parliament are the Progress Party (Libertarian), Centre Party (Centrist/Moderates), Socialist Left Party (further left), Liberal Party (more centrist), Christian Democrats (center right, religious based), Green Party (center left, environmental based), Red Party (far left, communist party)...

All of these parties have representation.... And to get legislation passed, the parties typically have to work together, build coalitions, and make concessions to the other parties because more of the population is properly represented in their government.

See, real democracies don't divide the entire population into two groups of people. That is a flaw in our system.

Anyway, just food for thought.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:02 PM   #44
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,339
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
The media doesn’t set my narrative, I do my own research and come to my own conclusions. It annoys me when people use Fox & CNN as there only POV. I haven’t seen anyone support antifa. I have seen antifa members get the hell beat out of them by protesters for trying to incite violence.

If both parties were opposed to Chaz then why does it get to exist. If it is allowed to exist what message does this send to other communities that are governed at the local, state level by democrats? That it's not okay?
sheepdogs1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:14 PM   #45
steverocks35
Elite Eight
 
steverocks35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,879
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
If both parties were opposed to Chaz then why does it get to exist. If it is allowed to exist what message does this send to other communities that are governed at the local, state level by democrats? That it's not okay?
Here, read all about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capito...utonomous_Zone

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge/3179232001/

"Once criticized by President Donald Trump and Fox News commentators as a haven for anarchists and the far-left antifa movement, CHAZ has morphed into what looks and feels like a mini-Burning Man festival, complete with its own corps of volunteer street cleaners and medics, as well as dreadlocked white girls blowing soap bubbles and taking selfies in front of paintings of men and women killed by Seattle police."
steverocks35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:18 PM   #46
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,405
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
If both parties were opposed to Chaz then why does it get to exist. If it is allowed to exist what message does this send to other communities that are governed at the local, state level by democrats? That it's not okay?
Why do you keep bringing up Chaz to me? Iíve never mentioned it & I donít have an opinion on it yet because Iím not well informed on it. Could you actually reply or have an opinion on what I have said to your questions? If not, Iím not going to answer 1000 questions that you randomly come up with.
BCSooners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:26 PM   #47
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,339
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Why do you keep bringing up Chaz to me? Iíve never mentioned it & I donít have an opinion on it yet because Iím not well informed on it. Could you actually reply or have an opinion on what I have said to your questions? If not, Iím not going to answer 1000 questions that you randomly come up with.
I made 2 points in a post and you responded to one point. If you do not want to share your opinion about Chaz that is fine and dandy.
sheepdogs1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:27 PM   #48
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 12,187
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
I made 2 points in a post and you responded to one point. If you do not want to share your opinion about Chaz that is fine and dandy.
Isn't Chaz the guy played by Will Ferrell in Wedding Crashers who teaches them how to crash weddings?
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:30 PM   #49
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,405
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
I made 2 points in a post and you responded to one point. If you do not want to share your opinion about Chaz that is fine and dandy.
Your whole points centered around Chaz. Read my post, I donít have an opinion on Chaz because Iím not very informed on what it is.
BCSooners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:31 PM   #50
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,405
Default Re: Current Events Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Isn't Chaz the guy played by Will Ferrell in Wedding Crashers who teaches them how to crash weddings?
Meatloaf!!!
BCSooners is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com