ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 07-13-2018, 07:27 AM   #26
WichitaSooner
Walk-on

Default Re: OU has 2 easy games on schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
I completely agree, I would too. They did that before the big TTech game in '08. The problem is, for the most part, OU doesn't know when the games are going to be until like a week before.
Your last point is 100% right. There's no way you could do it when football times aren't announced until a week or two in advance. Basketball opponents aren't going to schedule a game and leave the game time TBD. Also, while there would certainly be a few dozen folks who would head to the LNC if they did this, a lot of other fans would skip the basketball game so they could stay at a football tailgate.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:41 AM   #27
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
I completely agree, I would too. They did that before the big TTech game in '08. The problem is, for the most part, OU doesn't know when the games are going to be until like a week before.
I agree that certainly makes it tougher. But we do know the game time for 3-4 football games already, and some of the others will come out at least two weeks before. I'm not saying it's easy to plan, but I think more people would show up than some think.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:45 AM   #28
colston15
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Or maybe it would just mean that we weren't very good yet. This team could take a while to mesh, but lose a few early games, and we're not likely to be even a bubble team, not after the rugged Big 12 conference season.

It's college basketball. There are LOTS of good teams outside the top 25, and just four of our non-conference games are at home. OKC and Tulsa will obviously be friendly crowds but not familiar arenas, and NYC decidedly will be like a home game for Notre Dame. We also won't have many fans in the Bahamas.
Possibly, but not likely. We have a couple of new pieces that will be in important roles, but they've already played a ton of college basketball.

This team will have a fairly low ceiling, IMO.

As for the lack of home games, again, that's likely to aid our bubble case, which we will probably have.
colston15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:23 PM   #29
sooner333
Role Player

You get more RPI credit for playing on the road rather than at home.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote