ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 11-15-2022, 03:07 PM   #1
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16

Default Espn+

Seeing steverocks35 post reminded me that it might be a good idea to have a thread about this so we can let each other know whether we are having issues. I had terrible luck the first game, as well as the Baylor football game. It was so bad that I scheduled an audio video company to come take a look and tell me if anything was wrong with my TV or equipment. But, it has been much better the past few days, so I cancelled the appointment.

Anyway, if we see that a lot of us are having issues during a given game, it would be helpful because that would suggest the issue is on ESPN's end.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 03:26 PM   #2
steverocks35
Final Four

Default Re: Espn+

I'm thinking it's a problem with the app. They really need to dump the whole thing and start over. Incidentally, Directv trashed their app and developed an entirely new one and it works great now.
steverocks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 03:29 PM   #3
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
I'm thinking it's a problem with the app. They really need to dump the whole thing and start over. Incidentally, Directv trashed their app and developed an entirely new one and it works great now.
i use the native espn app on both my smart tv (samsung) ipad and firestick and other then very very rare occasions i only have an issue on the old firestick ..
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 03:31 PM   #4
jmizzy4ou
All-American

For some reason I have better luck using ESPN+ on my laptop than I do using the app on my television. They are both connected to the same internet, and I have Cox Cable, but for some reason, the laptop works much better, with less buffering.

It seems to work fine when I'm away from home and using my phone also.
jmizzy4ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 03:35 PM   #5
Sooner Season
Walk-on

I can't speak to either game because I was at both games but I will say the ESPN + app is about the only one I occasionally have issues with but I still have very little buffering.

I use the ESPN app through Roku and I have OEC internet, which by the way, is fantastic!!
Sooner Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 03:35 PM   #6
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
For some reason I have better luck using ESPN+ on my laptop than I do using the app on my television. They are both connected to the same internet, and I have Cox Cable, but for some reason, the laptop works much better, with less buffering.

It seems to work fine when I'm away from home and using my phone also.
This has been my experience. It works almost flawlessly on my phone, whether I am home or somewhere without WiFi, but the TV app is the one that gives me trouble.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 03:56 PM   #7
steverocks35
Final Four

Yep, I use the native ESPN app on my Samsung TV and it gives me fits. If I cast it from my iPhone it seems to work better but it's still a pain.
steverocks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:17 PM   #8
Kewllane
Walk-on

You can link your ESPN+ with your Hulu account (you may have to have the Disney bundle, can’t remember), and then watch all ESPN+ content from the Hulu app.

I find it’s a lot more stable than the ESPN app.

Last edited by Kewllane; 11-15-2022 at 04:20 PM.
Kewllane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:30 PM   #9
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms
Role Player

I get it on Roku on one tv and on the ESPN app on another

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 05:59 PM   #10
MonsterEatsThePilot
Walk-on

I think everyone had trouble with the Sam Houston game, but I had no issues with the UAPB game. Had no problems with the football game a couple of weeks ago aside from the bad production and the play-by-play, and the analyst. No glitches with that one, though.
MonsterEatsThePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 06:02 PM   #11
skyvue
National Champion

The SHU game was the only time I've ever had trouble with EPSN+ via the Roku app (I've subscribed off and on for several years), but I've never tried accessing it via the Hulu app. I'm going to give that a go tonight.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:36 PM   #12
MsProudSooner
National Champion

I watch ESPN+ via Apple TV. I had a little bit of buffering in the last game. I've had ESPN+ for a year or more and this is the first time I've had a problem.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 07:38 PM   #13
OUsky
Starter

I use the cable app with no problems as long as I do not rewind.
OUsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 08:13 PM   #14
mict085
All-American

I think all the problems are with the app, not the WiFi or tv. I had all kinds of problems with the first game. No problems tonight tho. Everything g seems to be working perfectly now.
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote