ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 04-10-2019, 07:24 PM   #26
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Default Re: Transfers

This board is devoted to women's basketball. There might be good information to be mined there.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewforum.php?f=1

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:18 PM   #27
Soonerguy06
Role Player

I just read Cooper is going to Baylor. Looks like taking on transfers worked out for Mulkey, and McGraw for that matter. IDK why SC is so stubborn about it. That's one of the things I hope will change if she stays
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:40 AM   #28
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
I don't know what's going on at South Carolina but their leading scorer, T. Cooper, who was a transfer from Tennessee, is leaving the team. I think this is the fourth member of the team since the season has ended to leave the program, if I read correctly...which is absolutely crazy. This would be a great opportunity for OU to pull in a good experienced guard to transfer in!

Of course it won't happen oh, probably doesn't fit the formula.
If Cooper left Tennessee and then left South Carolina perhaps the problem is part Cooper and not just South Carolina. But with 4 transferees who knows. Just speculating.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 04-11-2019 at 07:40 AM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:04 AM   #29
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
If Cooper left Tennessee and then left South Carolina perhaps the problem is part Cooper and not just South Carolina. But with 4 transferees who knows. Just speculating.
I would have to agree. I did read on their forum that the players leaving saw the writing on the wall with the new class coming in. Two of them got a lot of playing time this season and the other two were off the bench. Hope we can pick at least one grad transfer out of all of the transfers right now.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:08 PM   #30
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
https://okstate.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

What are you talking about? Go look for yourself.

I read that she transferred on the UT wbb forum. Apparently she had issued with them focusing their offense on Vivian Gray.

There's a lot of talk on there about OU and SC. They don't understand why our program still gets the 'respect' we get, since we haven't been to the S16 since '13. I don't think we get a lot of respect, but maybe we do?
Miller has landed at Ohio State...
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...qt1Ca3wiYGyiO/
Old 04-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #31
mikeareese
Role Player

I see Raoul is reporting Jaden Hobbs in the recruiting portal from OSU.
mikeareese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:49 AM   #32
Soonerguy06
Role Player

I wonder why???

I mean, it's not like she's not getting PT. She gets plenty and doesn't produce more than I thought she might, coming out of high school. Fact is I don't see her getting more PT anywhere else, so maybe it's a matter of several other variables? If she does transfer, I see her going to a mid-major program.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #33
soonerstar
All-Conference

Quote:
I wonder why???

I mean, it's not like she's not getting PT. She gets plenty and doesn't produce more than I thought she might, coming out of high school. Fact is I don't see her getting more PT anywhere else, so maybe it's a matter of several other variables? If she does transfer, I see her going to a mid-major program.
Maybe NWOSU in her home town of ALva. A D-2 school.
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:04 AM   #34
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeareese View Post
Isn't she the one from Alva that people said we should have recruited?

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #35
SuperHoops
Role Player

She did blow out her knee her freshman year so maybe she isn't at the same level of athleticism as before. But still with Miller transferring she would have played a bunch of minutes for them.
SuperHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:16 PM   #36
Mac
Administrator

Danielle Patterson 6’3 Forward from Notre Dame is looking to transfer... she didn’t see a lot of playing time her 1st two years, but was a All American coming out of high school. She’s not a true center, but if she picked OU, I think she could provide some height and skills inside.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:07 PM   #37
SoonerTraveler
Final Four

Is there an expectation that Sherri is even looking at players in the transfer portal?
Just curious.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:13 PM   #38
sybarite
National Champion

I have only seen one or two mentioned that should be considered, and I have the impression that their transfer was arranged before they announced it. Recruiting from other rosters? Came very quickly.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:20 PM   #39
Soonerguy06
Role Player

I'm actually from Alva, well five miles away and nwosu is a very small school. Just got elevated from naia status to DII. If she went to that school she would be a star. It would be interesting to see if she went back there. The town has a population of less than 10,000, at least it did when I lived there, I can't see a young kid having an amazing experience there, but to each their own!
Old 04-23-2019, 03:22 PM   #40
O-State2009
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeareese View Post
Hobbs has been removed from the OSU roster, so it seems this transfer is happening. She has already used her redshirt after that injury her freshman year. So if she transfers to another D1 school, she will have to hope to get a medical waiver to be able to play 2 more years. My guess is she transfers to a lower level and can play immediately. SWOSU actually just came off of an amazing year, so I could see that happening.

I believe it is time for Littell to retire or be replaced. The transfers out each year, and reliance on JUCO players, is not how you are going to win big in the Big 12.
O-State2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:14 PM   #41
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

With Jaden Hobbs only being one year to injuries she is not eligible for a medical waiver as I understand the rules.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:20 PM   #42
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

With Jaden Hobbs only being one year to injuries she is not eligible for a medical waiver as I understand the rules. You need to injured two years to get the sixth year.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:22 AM   #43
Soonerguy06
Role Player

So are you all saying that if she transfers to another DI school she'd essentially be losing her Junior year's eligibility? That's crazy if so. I wonder why players have to sit out a year after transferring in BB or FB and not any other sport?

If true i totally see her going to a lower division. SWOSU was national runner-up, barely, so that might be a good fit for her.

It seems that bringing V. Gray in has caused some turmoil among the players at O-State...at this rate, looks like they, at least, will be worse than OU next season!
Old 04-24-2019, 08:00 AM   #44
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

As I understand the requirement to sit out a year for an undergraduate student-athlete is restricted to football, MBB, WBB, WGYM, WTennis and Wvolleyball because they are the only head count sports (HC). A head count sport are sports where all scholarships must be full scholarships with no partial scholarships offered. All other sports are equivalency sports (ES) and offer only partial scholarships.

Head count sports mean the team is restricted in the number of athletes that can be on scholarship. For example, an NCAA DI FBS Football team is allowed 85 scholarships per year and they are only allowed to have 85 athletes on scholarship.

Equivalency scholarships mean there is no restriction on how many athletes can be on scholarship, but there is a limit on the number of scholarships a team can have. In this scenario, a team might have 30 athletes and 15 scholarships. Rather than have 15 athletes on scholarships and 15 athletes as walk-ons, a coach will divide the scholarships and all athletes could receive a half scholarship. This is an over simplification of how coaches divide scholarships, but it illustrates the point that for most equivalency sports, athletes are on partial scholarships.

For example men's tennis (ES) and is allowed only allowed 4.5 scholarships while women's tennis (HC) and allowed 8 scholarships. Softball (ES) gets 12 scholarships. Men's volleyball (ES) 4.5 scholarships and women's volleyball (HC) gets 12. Men's gymnastics (ES) get 6.3 scholarships and women's gymnastics (HC) gets 12.

https://www.athleticscholarships.net...holarships.htm

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html
Old 04-24-2019, 08:22 AM   #45
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Very good information, thanks! That definitely clears a few things up.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:09 AM   #46
threepointshooter
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-State2009 View Post
Hobbs has been removed from the OSU roster, so it seems this transfer is happening. She has already used her redshirt after that injury her freshman year. So if she transfers to another D1 school, she will have to hope to get a medical waiver to be able to play 2 more years. My guess is she transfers to a lower level and can play immediately. SWOSU actually just came off of an amazing year, so I could see that happening.

I believe it is time for Littell to retire or be replaced. The transfers out each year, and reliance on JUCO players, is not how you are going to win big in the Big 12.
Yes, O-State2009, SWOSU would be a good option if she plans to go to a lower level.
threepointshooter is offline   Reply With Quote