ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 03-15-2019, 07:38 AM   #1
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Default Sarah Andrews Home Visit

Sherri and Colton on a home visit yesterday

https://twitter.com/sarah_t2d/status...173380096?s=21
Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:03 AM   #2
Mac
Administrator

Default Re: Sarah Andrews Home Visit

Would definitely be a impact player and more then likely a 4 year starter at ou
Old 03-15-2019, 11:46 AM   #3
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

About 5-6? I haven't checked yet. What else do you know. I'm getting ready to check her out.
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
Mac
Administrator

She could probably go to any school she wants to....

https://youtu.be/H7xg9ycWZVk
Old 03-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #5
Soonerbay
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
She could probably go to any school she wants to....

https://youtu.be/H7xg9ycWZVk
Probably.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl.../sarah-andrews
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:22 PM   #6
euphguy
Starter

If I were Sarah, I would have asked, "so, where's the rest of your coaching staff?" ��
euphguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #7
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

She looked pretty darn good. Good vision. Good decisions. Good shot. Good passing. Penetrates without being Pellington-like.

Wish we could land her.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:17 PM   #8
atlantasooner
All-Conference

Well it's at least the right type of kid. Maybe she will only look at nearby schools.
atlantasooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:49 PM   #9
OUDallas66
Walk-on

Sarah Andrews has already received offers from Baylor, Texas, UConn, Notre Dame, Mississippi State, Louisville, Tennessee, Maryland, UCLA and over 25 power conference teams. She is ranked #4 in the 2020 Class by Prospects Nation and #6 by ESPN’s Hoopgurlz. Sarah attends Irving MacArthur, the same school as former Baylor players Odyssey Sims and Alexis Jones, the longtime MacArthur Coach is a former Baylor player.

Andrews has participated in multiple Kim Mulkey summer camps as well as those conducted in Irving by Odyssey Sims. Her favorite player is Sims, look at the teams website.

Andrews has announced her 10 or 12 final teams, I think Oklahoma is on that list.

No opinions, just facts.

Good luck SC and CC, at least she must have past the point test.

Last edited by OUDallas66; 03-15-2019 at 06:23 PM.
OUDallas66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:29 PM   #10
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Default Sarah Andrews Home Visit

Point test. ROFL.

Well, signing her is probably too much to ask of any coach, no matter how great, to overcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2019, 07:04 PM   #11
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Just about to say that she doesn't look like the right type of player for SC. I would be very surprised if she did not end up at Baylor given the previous comments. Let's hope she commits to OU though. She might be a program changer
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:00 AM   #12
cjhsooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
Just about to say that she doesn't look like the right type of player for SC. I would be very surprised if she did not end up at Baylor given the previous comments. Let's hope she commits to OU though. She might be a program changer
What previous comments?
cjhsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:21 PM   #13
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhsooner View Post
What previous comments?
The one from OUdallas..
Old 03-16-2019, 06:31 PM   #14
61sooner
Walk-on

Taking Colton on recruiting trips is like going to the airport carrying your bags by hand instead of having them on rollers. You look stupid and out-of-date.
61sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:48 PM   #15
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Sherri: Hi! I'm so glad to be here. I couldn't find a babysitter, so I had to bring my son.

Relax. This board needs some humor.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:06 PM   #16
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Agreed!

I really wonder if any of our prospects take anything Colton says ortha grain of salt. He's not credible and probably comes off as less than smart.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:48 PM   #17
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
Agreed!

I really wonder if any of our prospects take anything Colton says ortha grain of salt. He's not credible and probably comes off as less than smart.
I too think Sherri put Colton's career ahead of her team's needs. There were a dozen, 2 dozen or more better prospects for the job on paper. However none of us here know how well Coton is performing his duties nor do we know from a recruiting perspective his credibility with prospects.

We are allowing our predjudices to distort our opinions on his performance. I still wish Colton had never been hired as I see no way for him to be the best man for the job. But too many here are evaluating him with their heart not their mind.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:04 PM   #18
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

I’m just making fun of him. I’ll let you guys figure out if he’s qualified. If we don’t land any of our targets, then I think we will have a pretty clear picture of his worth - not that he couldn’t grow into the job.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:21 AM   #19
soonerstar
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
Taking Colton on recruiting trips is like going to the airport carrying your bags by hand instead of having them on rollers. You look stupid and out-of-date.
But he is now our lead assistant and maybe associate head coach.
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:28 AM   #20
Soonerbay
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
I too think Sherri put Colton's career ahead of her team's needs. There were a dozen, 2 dozen or more better prospects for the job on paper. However none of us here know how well Coton is performing his duties nor do we know from a recruiting perspective his credibility with prospects.

We are allowing our predjudices to distort our opinions on his performance. I still wish Colton had never been hired as I see no way for him to be the best man for the job. But too many here are evaluating him with their heart not their mind.
Not I. The epitome of nepotism is one thing that is just wrong when one considers standard operating procedures for most any business relative to mother supervisor/son, salary comparison to other first year assistants (internal and external), etc.

Nepotism aside he clearly has not made a positive impact in recruiting, game time coaching, development of players, etc. But neither has anyone on the staff. Otherwise we would see different results.

I can't see SAndrews wanting to attend OU in the given state of the program, but let's hope she does for whatever reason. They need all the help they can get, even though she is a year away and they have the other emergency of how to get through the next season. Maybe she has a favorite post player that she wants to play with. That should be their next stop...direct next stop. And hire some coaches. Recruits don't even know who they will be working with! You've gotta have your act together when out recruiting! This picture indicates they are not quite ready for primetime.

Edit: Did anyone look at the other recruit/home visit pictures on her Twitter site? Speaks volumes.

Last edited by Soonerbay; 03-17-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:28 AM   #21
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
I’m just making fun of him. I’ll let you guys figure out if he’s qualified. If we don’t land any of our targets, then I think we will have a pretty clear picture of his worth - not that he couldn’t grow into the job.

Looking at the some of the 2020 kids OU follows on twitter, I would be shocked if any of them would pick OU... I wouldn’t blame that on Jr, but just where the program is, unless we see major improvements with some of the kids already on the team, I don’t think OU will have a winning season....

Ou reminds me of Programs like Rutgers and UNC, and Purdue.... I didn’t start following women’s basketball until 2005, at the time these 3 schools along with OU were pretty elite, but not you see them as more of middle of the pack schools in there conferences... Rutgers made a good turn around this year, by going to Transfer/ GS route, Maybe Sherri can turn things around, but I think history suggests otherwise....
Old 03-17-2019, 07:36 AM   #22
atlantasooner
All-Conference

Sadly but if Sherri is going to do this right.
New assistants are not arriving until after the tourney.
No elite assistant or young up and coming assistant and that's hopefully the
target pool is going to leave their tourney team mid tournament.

Just like it LR had to wait out Grinch's bowl game. And was the right move.
atlantasooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:15 AM   #23
annabelle
Walk-on

odds are this recruit will end up @ baylor.
annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:27 AM   #24
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle View Post
odds are this recruit will end up @ baylor.
Same thing was said about Alexis Jones and she went to Duke before Baylor, the fact that she’s entertaining other coaches could mean other...

I tell you the only thing worst then some of the “Sherri is god” posters on this board, is the Baylor fans who consistently think Baylor is the best thing since sliced bread... Baylor is good at winning one of the weaker conference every year, playing a bunch of cupcakes in preseason, and getting upset by a lower seed in the NCAA tournament every year.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:08 PM   #25
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

There was a time when this conference overall was a Hell of a lot better than it is now, Mac. I long for those days.

I don't think Sherri has given up trying to create a revival at OU, but I'm not sure how much of an effort KSU, Texas, or TT are making.

Iowa State seems to be doing their part and WVU wasn't exactly terrible this year.