ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 03-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #51
sybarite
National Champion

Default Re: OU vs. Texas Tortilla Throwers

Well, now. There is an entire offseason to vent and let the anger boil over. But, next year will come.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:04 PM   #52
annabelle
Walk-on

I don't know if this program has hit rock bottom yet or not,but it's getting close.
annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:09 PM   #53
inoref
All-Conference

I would like to thank Sherri & Colton for the getting us these fine victories this season. I bet as I type this Sherri & Colton are working hard on getting OU back in the Sweet 16 next season. Now to the real stuff...IMO and I repeat IMO if anyone here wants the Coales back I have to question you as a true OU fan.
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:21 PM   #54
annabelle
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
I would like to thank Sherri & Colton for the getting us these fine victories this season. I bet as I type this Sherri & Colton are working hard on getting OU back in the Sweet 16 next season. Now to the real stuff...IMO and I repeat IMO if anyone here wants the Coales back I have to question you as a true OU fan.

I agree 100%.
annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:07 PM   #55
Mac
Administrator

Well no way Brewer goes for 40 if OU had a 6í9 jr center... what could have been.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:36 PM   #56
SoonerinNC
Starter

Plenty to complain about but referring to the players as a piece of crap and bashing probably the hardest working player on the team is a bit, quite a bit over the top. Simpson is not athletic and has slow hands and feet but got everything out of her ability this year. She was set up for failure. Probably at best a good backup for a 4 she had to face all the big guns in the paint all season.

When you have four players who can ring up over 20 points a night, the best three point shooter in the conference you should be able to cobble up more than 5 wins. As I said in another thread; saying are players are slow and not athletic is a copout.

The negative parts of our program, ie. turnovers, missed layups and failure for players to develop is at a new low. I just can't see blaming the kids. They appeared to be trying all year, maybe trying to do too much.
SoonerinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:12 AM   #57
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerinNC View Post
Plenty to complain about but referring to the players as a piece of crap and bashing probably the hardest working player on the team is a bit, quite a bit over the top. Simpson is not athletic and has slow hands and feet but got everything out of her ability this year. She was set up for failure. Probably at best a good backup for a 4 she had to face all the big guns in the paint all season.

When you have four players who can ring up over 20 points a night, the best three point shooter in the conference you should be able to cobble up more than 5 wins. As I said in another thread; saying are players are slow and not athletic is a copout.

The negative parts of our program, ie. turnovers, missed layups and failure for players to develop is at a new low. I just can't see blaming the kids. They appeared to be trying all year, maybe trying to do too much.
I did not refer to the girls as a piece of crap I referred to the team as a piece of the crap and the girls as nice girls. I stand by that assessment. I said nothing about Simpson whatsoever.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #58
gosooner2
Walk-on

Sherri's post game comments were about the same as all year. Seems like they would change be game 30. We are young and some age more quickly than others so we have players who may not "age" until they are seniors or never. Could not handle their height seems like we have heard that before and who's fault is that? They need to trust the process sound familiar. Seems like she is coaching by osmosis and what she thinks they should do. She has said this before. Basically the players fault for not aging faster, has nothing to do with coaching they should know what the coaches want them to do and do it! I think she has been coaching to long!!
gosooner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:31 AM   #59
SoonerinNC
Starter

Didn't refer to you regarding Simpson. Plenty of player bashing out there.
SoonerinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:38 AM   #60
Soonerbay
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosooner2 View Post
Sherri's post game comments were about the same as all year. Seems like they would change be game 30. We are young and some age more quickly than others so we have players who may not "age" until they are seniors or never. Could not handle their height seems like we have heard that before and who's fault is that? They need to trust the process sound familiar. Seems like she is coaching by osmosis and what she thinks they should do. She has said this before. Basically the players fault for not aging faster, has nothing to do with coaching they should know what the coaches want them to do and do it! I think she has been coaching to long!!
All of her excuses are due to her lack of recruiting student-athletes who have the skill set to compete in the Big XII. She does not have well-balanced teams according to class or SKILL that can compete against the top Big XII teams and barely against the bottom. The coaching and development is non-existent and/or ineffective. Just a shame.
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #61
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

I don't know if I agree with all of this praising on Simpson. I really don't. I've seen plenty of times where she almost walks back up the court and she's only 6 ft tall people. She's not a 6'9" Mulkey, who could probably beat her up and down the court by the way. Is that hustle? Or is she really just that unathletic and SC thinks she is? That's my problem with her. I don't see her going 110% every single play like everyone praising her on here posting says. I see her being pretty lackadaisical and acting like she's carrying such a huge load when in reality she's only an inch taller than most guards are!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:56 PM   #62
Rbeam1
Walk-on

Quote:
She did mention youth but one nugget of hope I got out of it was that she said several times they have to go out and get height in the offseason. At least she admitted it.
Rbeam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:54 PM   #63
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Default OU vs. Texas Tortilla Throwers

Well, she better go the JC ranks then because I donít know of a big sheís in on at this time that we donít know isnít already coming.

She needs a stellar point guard too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:30 PM   #64
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Quote:

Iíve heard that same crap at the end of the season for the last decade. Iím sick of it.

My guess is you are on the scaffold with the noose around your neck Sherri.

Keep saying and doing the same stuff youíve been doing and there will be a line to be the person to give you the proverbial push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote