ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 02-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
soonerstar
All-Conference

Default Jessi Murcer

Big 12 Freshman of the week.
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:06 PM   #2
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

Default Re: Jessi Murcer

Is this the first time for the Sooners this season? Or has TR won it before? Idk how Ana hasn't won player of the week yet... Darn politics!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:17 PM   #3
soonerstar
All-Conference

TR has won it 4 times. Anna would probably have win it once or twice with a winning team. Hard to give it to someone on a team with 10 straight losses as OU had earlier.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:05 PM   #4
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerstar View Post
TR has won it 4 times. Anna would probably have win it once or twice with a winning team. Hard to give it to someone on a team with 10 straight losses as OU had earlier.
Of course. That explains why a Kansas (they are behind even us in the conference standings) player has won it twice, and a Texas Tech (basically tied with us) player has also won it.

Let me assure you it has nothing to do with that. Investigate who the media folks are who are selecting POW honors and then look at who has been selected and it will open your eyes.

If that loser group was selecting end of year all conference teams Ana would not even make honorable mention. Just look the top 6 or seven scorers in the league and see who has won a player of the week honor and who has not.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:16 PM   #5
soonerstar
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetest OU Girl View Post
Of course. That explains why a Kansas (they are behind even us in the conference standings) player has won it twice, and a Texas Tech (basically tied with us) player has also won it.

Let me assure you it has nothing to do with that. Investigate who the media folks are who are selecting POW honors and then look at who has been selected and it will open your eyes.

If that loser group was selecting end of year all conference teams Ana would not even make honorable mention. Just look the top 6 or seven scorers in the league and see who has won a player of the week honor and who has not.
My eyes are open. I guess those same media folks and their bias had a hard time selecting a freshman of the week from OU 5 times. Get off your conspiracy theories. There are no conspiracies against OU by the media or the referees.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:24 PM   #6
SuperHoops
Role Player

Does the media select the Big 12 POW or does the league office?
SuperHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:30 PM   #7
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHoops View Post
Does the media select the Big 12 POW or does the league office?
A five-person media panel----direct quote from the story about Murcer and Carlton.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:12 PM   #8
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerstar View Post
My eyes are open. I guess those same media folks and their bias had a hard time selecting a freshman of the week from OU 5 times. Get off your conspiracy theories. There are no conspiracies against OU by the media or the referees.
It is not about conspiracies. It is called bias. Of course few are as afflicted as a few posters on here.

Some even think if you put a certain uniform on a person their biases disappear.

That explains why you think Colton was the most qualified person for the assistant position. Bias does not exist.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:00 PM   #9
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Good for Jess. She’s been playing much better and has separated herself from TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote