ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Men's Prospects Board

Old 02-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
OUHoops
Administrator

Default 2013 Commit >>> Jarion Henry, 6-9, 205, Forward, Redlands Community College

Jarion Henry, 6-9, 205, Forward, San Diego, CA (La Jolla Prep)

Bio: Henry is a 6-9, 205-pound left-handed forward from Dallas, Texas, who attends La Jolla Prep in San Diego, Calif. He is ranked No. 119 nationally in the 2013 recruiting class by Rivals.com and is regarded as the country's 26th-best small forward. His father, Skeeter Henry, was a wing for the Sooners in the 1988-89 and 1989-90 seasons. The elder Henry earned first-team All-Big Eight honors as a senior in 1990 when OU finished the regular season ranked No. 1 in the AP poll.

Jarion (pronounced JAIR-ee-on) Henry signed with New Mexico last fall out of Kimball High School in Dallas, where he helped the Knights to a 38-3 record and Class 4A state title by averaging 14.8 points, 13.1 rebounds and 8.6 assists per game. He was a first-team all-area selection by the Dallas Morning News. [Source: SoonerSports.com]

Rankings: Ranked 119th nationally by Rivals.com in 2011.

Other Schools Considered: Oregon.

Profiles: Rivals | Scout | ESPN

Lon Kruger on Henry: "Jarion is long and rangy and will bring a versatility with him to Norman," said Kruger. "He is a good mid-range shooter but can also score well around the rim. He has a knack for keeping possessions alive with his offensive rebounding, and we also like his ability to pass, defend and run the floor. We look forward to using him in a variety of ways." [Source: SoonerSports.com]

La Jolla coach Gary Trousdale: "Jarion is a winner. He's a lengthy 6-9 kid who can shoot it to 17 feet and can defend the wing. He attacks the glass and finishes, and is a great passer in traffic. He's the best passing 6-9 athlete I've seen in years. He's also our hardest worker in practice. As his upper body strength improves, he will be a force for the Sooners." [Source: SoonerSports.com]

Henry on choosing Oklahoma: "“It feels good. My mom is happy because it’s close to home, my dad is happy because it’s his alma mater, so it all worked out. I feel real good about their system,” Henry said. “Defensively, they press and get in passing lanes, which is my style. Offensively, I can create mismatches and also know how to utilize my teammates. I feel the fans are going to love me. I’m a high-energy guy who likes to have fun on the court. I’ll keep the fans entertained.”

OUHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
OUHoops
Administrator

Default Re: 2012 Signee >>> Jarion Henry, 6-9, 205, Forward, San Diego, CA

Following OU's season-ending loss to Texas A&M on Wednesday, March 7, Lon Kruger confirmed that Henry will attend a Junior College next season and not Oklahoma.
OUHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
Sam
Administrator

Default Re: 2012 Signee >>> Jarion Henry, 6-9, 205, Forward, San Diego, CA

Henry is expected to attend Redlands Community College (El Reno, OK) for a year and be a member of the 2013 recruiting class.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote