ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 03-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Default The Picker is PO'd!

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/picker/

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
oSuJeff97
Starter

Default Re: The Picker is PO'd!

I'll actually defend Jay Billas on this one.

Whether or not VCU won games in the tournament doesn't take away from the fact that they didn't deserve to get there.

(Billas even stated that fact several times himself.)

The plain fact is that Colorado and Virginia Tech has stronger profiles in practically every way you could measure an at-large profile... there's no way around that. So VCU got to the Sweet Sixteen. My answer to that is: so what?

Who's to say that CU and/or VT wouldn't have done the same? That's why holding up VCU and saying "See! They deserved to be there!" because they won a few games is silly and short-sighted.

Winning games doesn't take away from the fact that there were more deserving teams that didn't get in.
oSuJeff97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
Mr.B!!!
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
Winning games doesn't take away from the fact that there were more deserving teams that didn't get in.
You could expand the thing to 100 teams and those guys would still freak out, it is what they do on those shows. I agree with everything else you said though, which sucks actually.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
jrich02
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
I'll actually defend Jay Billas on this one.

Whether or not VCU won games in the tournament doesn't take away from the fact that they didn't deserve to get there.

(Billas even stated that fact several times himself.)

The plain fact is that Colorado and Virginia Tech has stronger profiles in practically every way you could measure an at-large profile... there's no way around that. So VCU got to the Sweet Sixteen. My answer to that is: so what?

Who's to say that CU and/or VT wouldn't have done the same? That's why holding up VCU and saying "See! They deserved to be there!" because they won a few games is silly and short-sighted.

This has to be the most intelligent thing any poke has ever said!!! completely agree.
jrich02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
BigTime
The Red Wig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich02 View Post
This has to be the most intelligent thing any poke has ever said!!! completely agree.
Jeff has his moments. And he even likes Ttown to boot.

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
-BBS
BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
Dem Coltz
Walk-on

I'm tired of hearing about VT and CU, they have nothing to complain about. They played plenty of good teams this year and had a chance to win their way into the dance. VCU had just as much a right as Clemson or USC or VT or CU, all questionable teams on the bubble who had lost a lot of games to teams that weren't in the dance. All left themselves at the mercy of the selection committee, sorry but there is no BCS number system that determines who gets in. The only way to remove human error is to rely on numbers, and the football BCS has proven that sucks in its own unique ways. Besides, the CAA proved once again this year that it is a solid conference even though it usually only gets 1 bid.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
SoonerTraveler
Sweet 16

Those ESPN dudes are drama queens.

It is hilarious that grown men act like that.

Silly, but hilarious.

Regarding the NCAA selection process, it is obvious that a team needs to play some good non-conference games to increase its chances to make the dance.

SoonerTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #8
oSuJeff97
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTime View Post
Jeff has his moments. And he even likes Ttown to boot.
Don't hate the 918.

oSuJeff97 is offline   Reply With Quote