ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 04-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
Salt City Sooner
Walk-on

Unhappy Anybody else remember this guy?

I frickin' HATE cancer.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/78...us-dead-age-43

-John Wooden-
Salt City Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
MNsooner
Administrator

Default Re: Anybody else remember this guy?

I remember his hair better than his game.

It's sad to see him pass.
“Very few coaches have been able to change cultures as quickly and successfully as Lon Kruger. He understands how to mold a group of individuals into one team with a common goal and has proven that time and time again. Lon has high standards for all those around him and he possesses a passion for winning, but not at any cost. That is arguably his strongest trait.”

Larry Brown
MNsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
cvangild
Walk-on

Seems like he would have played under Kruger at Florida during that time period.
cvangild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
tycat947
All-American

So tragic!
tycat947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
Big Old Booger
Elite Eight

Cancer is bad. I have an old friend from high school and he was a ex-roommate from college and he is dying of cancer. The doctors gave him 1-4 weeks to live about 6 weeks ago. He is now in the palliative care at MD Anderson and they have him heavily sedated due to the pain. He probably has a week or so left on this earth.

He's a former marine, always in great shape. Former state qualifier in the 400 meters. He did P90x 3 times, once after he was diagnosed and went thru a round of chemo. 2 young daughters, 8 and 3, and he's only 42.

Dealing with this will teach you that basketball, while fun to follow, is just sports. Not life or death.

If you read this and think abut it, please say a prayer for him that his pain will be minimized these last few days. His name is James.

Fran Fraschilla
---------------------
Big Old Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
CoachTalk
All-American

Cancer sucks! Good friend from Hs just lost his dad Sunday to cancer he was late 50's. Also I lost my dad to diabetes a couple years ago.
So sad.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Old Booger View Post
Cancer is bad. I have an old friend from high school and he was a ex-roommate from college and he is dying of cancer. The doctors gave him 1-4 weeks to live about 6 weeks ago. He is now in the palliative care at MD Anderson and they have him heavily sedated due to the pain. He probably has a week or so left on this earth.

He's a former marine, always in great shape. Former state qualifier in the 400 meters. He did P90x 3 times, once after he was diagnosed and went thru a round of chemo. 2 young daughters, 8 and 3, and he's only 42.

Dealing with this will teach you that basketball, while fun to follow, is just sports. Not life or death.

If you read this and think abut it, please say a prayer for him that his pain will be minimized these last few days. His name is James.
Thanks for posting...he will certainly be in my prayers.
SoonerNorm is offline   Reply With Quote