Thread: Senior Day
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 09:36 PM   #19
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Default Re: Senior Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerbay View Post
I've seen many over the years. Most every one that I've witnessed have the parents come to the court or field, present flowers, etc. There are not necessarily long speeches, but parents and the student athletes were always acknowledged in front of the fans.

Never the less...seems drastically different than past senior day events. And with such a disappointing season, it seems like this would not be the year to cutback.
I was at the both the MBB and WBB senior day presentations your highlighted comments occurred. What did not transpire as in the past was Sherri's 2 minute comments about each player and each player given an opportunity to express her gratitude.

Each player got a picture acknowledging his career at OU and a picture was taken with the player, family, coach and AD for the men. I don't recall if Joe C. was in the women's picture but most likely he was. The post game presentations of the past are far superior to this year's pre-game presentation.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 03-04-2019 at 10:11 PM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote