View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #8
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

I think “winning” is way down the list of Sherri’s list of important things.

What’s clearly most important to her is molding young women into good human beings (her definition of that is known only to her).

Frankly, I think winning might be third or fourth on her list.

IMO only, my GUESS of her list would be:

1. Helping her players become all that they can be/turning out good, solid people — probably with strong Christian beliefs and practices.

2. Directing them through school to be good students who have a productive, lucrative career long after basketball.

3. Be good citizens (offshoot on No. 1), by giving of yourself (like helping in Haiti), etc.

4. Being good at basketball in case they want to achieve a pro career.

5. Representing their team and OU always in a positive and non-embarrassing way (no Jenna Plumleys).

6. Win basketball games at OU.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH ANY OF THAT...

EXCEPT:

When it gets in the way of fulfilling her number one job requirement and responsibility:

WINNING GAMES, TITLES, and CHAMPIONSHIPS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA.

That’s the only reason she’s paid more than $1.2 million per year.

And folks — she ain’t even close to winning with this team and won’t be anytime soon unless Joe C. gets tired of losing or OU supporters do and express their opinions to Joe enough to make him act.

Now there are reports that Joe has, or will, give Sherri an ultimatum on winning and reversing the sinking program OUWBB has become.

It’s overdue, in my opinion.

What I absolutely believe is that the turn around better take place beginning next year — and if doesn’t happen then she needs to be removed as head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote