View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 11:46 AM   #31
TulsaWorld
Walk-on

Default Re: OU football offseason updates

OU football: Sooners are No. 4 in AP Top 25 preseason poll

Quote:
OU has now been ranked inside the AP preseason top five poll a record 35 times, which equals half of the 70 AP preseason polls. Alabama and Ohio State (28 times each) are behind Oklahoma.

It is the fourth consecutive season Oklahoma has started inside the top 10. In 2017 and 2018 — Lincoln Riley’s first two seasons as head coach — OU was ranked No. 7 in the preseason poll.
Bill Haisten: Looking ahead at Jalen Hurts vs. Sam Ehlinger in the Cotton Bowl

Quote:
In 2016, 247 Sports rated Hurts the best of all Texas senior high school quarterback prospects.

In 2017, 247 Sports rated Sam Ehlinger the best of all Texas senior high school quarterback prospects.

There’s your storyline Oct. 12: Can Hurts, as Riley’s third consecutive transfer quarterback who had been an elite Texas high school athlete, break the hearts of Ehlinger and Tom Herman?
'99 Sooners extra: Mark Mangino didn't just work in his office, he lived there

Quote:
“It was kind of funny. All of us coaches lived in the Residence Inn when we first got there. Then when that initial recruiting period was over they said, ‘You guys gotta go find your own places.’ A bunch of coaches bought houses. I couldn’t buy a house. I couldn’t afford it. I still had a house in Manhattan. When everybody moved into their homes, I slept in my own office.

“A student secretary told me, ‘Coach, you looking for a place to sleep?’ I thought she had a room somewhere. Nope. She said, ‘Coach if you’re gonna sleep in your office, don’t sleep on the floor. We’re throwing out our couch at the sorority house.’ They had bought a new couch. She said, ‘Want me to have the guys bring it over for ya?’