OUHoops

OUHoops (http://ouhoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board (http://ouhoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2023 prospects and offers (http://ouhoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44242)

skyvue 05-09-2021 09:58 PM

2023 prospects and offers
 
247 says OU has offered Bryson Warren, combo guard out of Little Rock, Arkansas, whom they rank No. 32 in the class of 2023.

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...ick-165224357/

AdaSooner 05-10-2021 07:25 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyvue (Post 679628)
247 says OU has offered Bryson Warren, combo guard out of Little Rock, Arkansas, whom they rank No. 32 in the class of 2023.

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...ick-165224357/

Warren has ties to OUs new assistant, David Patrick. I think were going to see that a lot with high profile recruits. Patrick has been described by his peers as a superb recruiter with an infectious personality, a guy everybody who meets him likes immediately. Moser has surrounded himself with a staff of heavy hitters who are going to be hard to beat on the recruiting trail.

soonersailor 05-10-2021 08:40 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdaSooner (Post 679635)
Warren has ties to OUs new assistant, David Patrick. I think were going to see that a lot with high profile recruits. Patrick has been described by his peers as a superb recruiter with an infectious personality, a guy everybody who meets him likes immediately. Moser has surrounded himself with a staff of heavy hitters who are going to be hard to beat on the recruiting trail.


Man, I love hearing that!

bcsooner 05-10-2021 09:25 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyvue (Post 679628)
247 says OU has offered Bryson Warren, combo guard out of Little Rock, Arkansas, whom they rank No. 32 in the class of 2023.

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...ick-165224357/

Great to see Moser reaching out to Arkansas prospects. The level of talent in this state is blowing up. My son trains with Bryson from time to time. We've known the kid for several years now. Great kid who is just dang solid. No weakness in game. Not flashy or ridiculously athletic, but very efficient. Was on Team Griffin for a couple of years before moving to Mokan last year. Gonna be a tough pull but at least Moser is putting hat in ring on these guys.

My son also played travel ball with Ark 2022 offer, Nick Smith. This kid is bouncy and explosive. Perhaps the top combo guard in the class. Another tough pull this late in the game, as he's been raking in big time offers for the past couple of years. One thing that has me feeling better about chances is Moser has some street cred and has some known recruiters on staff.

WTSooner 05-10-2021 09:32 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Best assistant coaching staff for OU "on paper" since when?

AdaSooner 05-10-2021 10:10 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WTSooner (Post 679638)
Best assistant coaching staff for OU "on paper" since when?

Potentially? Certainly, not since our FF staff. I think the current staff could be even better than that group.

Time will tell, and the real story will rely heavily on recruiting.

MJSooner 05-10-2021 10:13 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WTSooner (Post 679638)
Best assistant coaching staff for OU "on paper" since when?

The 2016 staff with Crutch, Henson, and Lew Hill (and Shepherd) was pretty solid. The 2004 staff was good with Ray McCollum, Bob Hoffman, Bennie Seltzer, and Jason Eaker as a GA.

But this staff is probably the best since the Billy days with Mike Mims, Jim Kerwin/Mike Newell, and Mike Anderson as far as the ability to coach Xs and O's combined with the ability to recruit.

skyvue 05-16-2021 06:45 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
New OU Hoops offer: 2023 C Brandon Garrison
https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...son-164721907/

NYC-Fool 06-12-2021 07:14 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Is OU in on Jeremiah Johnson? Top 20 player in 2023 — just visited OSU.

CoachTalk 06-12-2021 10:28 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyvue (Post 679956)
New OU Hoops offer: 2023 C Brandon Garrison
https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...son-164721907/

He had a great visit this week.

skyvue 06-12-2021 10:58 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachTalk (Post 680669)
He had a great visit this week.

Good news!

NAIA All-Star 06-24-2021 05:29 PM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 


https://247sports.com/player/layden-blocker-46109682/

NAIA All-Star 06-24-2021 05:30 PM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 


https://247sports.com/Player/JaKobe-Walter-46102719/

NAIA All-Star 06-24-2021 05:45 PM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachTalk (Post 680669)
He had a great visit this week.



https://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Garrison-46109436/

NAIA All-Star 07-06-2021 10:36 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star (Post 680925)


MJSooner 07-06-2021 11:13 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star (Post 681158)

Lot of competition from some big names out there for Blocker. Ranked #57 on 24/7 and #33 on Rivals. Looks like he would be a great fit for a serious need for us at point.

If only we had a connection to Sunrise Chrisitan Academy that could help convince him OU is a great route to the NBA.

sdcloud9 07-06-2021 12:05 PM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MJSooner (Post 681160)
Lot of competition from some big names out there for Blocker. Ranked #57 on 24/7 and #33 on Rivals. Looks like he would be a great fit for a serious need for us at point.

If only we had a connection to Sunrise Chrisitan Academy that could help convince him OU is a great route to the NBA.

Yeah, I wish we had someone.....:)

NAIA All-Star 07-06-2021 08:33 PM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 


https://247sports.com/player/tj-power-46103238/

NAIA All-Star 07-08-2021 08:07 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 


https://247sports.com/player/matas-buzelis-46110694/

skyvue 07-08-2021 06:51 PM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star (Post 680926)

In a post over at 247, Parker Thune has some quotes from Walker following his visit. He had some nice things to say about the visit and the family atmosphere. He's had interactions with Trae, he says, and he mentioned Buddy, so he's been following OU even before the arrival of Coach Moser.

Nothing very definitive, but nice to see the positive remarks.

Stikboy 07-08-2021 08:35 PM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
I can't believe how many prospects Moser has had on campus, he appears to be working his tail off... Which is great. But, is OU leading on any of them?

Soonerinkc 07-12-2021 04:16 PM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikboy (Post 681237)
I can't believe how many prospects Moser has had on campus, he appears to be working his tail off... Which is great. But, is OU leading on any of them?

guess ya can't catch the fish if ya don't throw out the line...but ya, I agree.

CoachTalk 07-16-2021 10:08 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Think Ou may offer Trent pierce from Tulsa union. We’ll see

MJSooner 07-16-2021 10:49 AM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soonerinkc (Post 681300)
guess ya can't catch the fish if ya don't throw out the line...but ya, I agree.

I agree. Moser is getting a ton of conversations and visits, with a lot of those being 4 and 5-star players. It tells me something about Moser and the staff is more appealing to top 50-75 players as we seem to be getting interest from more guys. Whether or not they sign is a different story.

But I like his approach much better than the last two coaches. I loved LK and thought he received a lot of undeserved criticism, but he was much more targeted with his recruits, getting top recruits on campus more infrequently as they needed to be a certain fit. I also believe his staff hurt his recruiting especially when compared to the current staff. Since the FF year, usually only had one guy that was halfway capable.

Capel on the other hand was all about the top recruits. Go after those top recruits and names. Who cares if they are a fit. Send out messages about Harrison Barnes working out at 5 am. The problem was two fold- some of those recruits were terrible fits for the team and program, and most often he missed out on the Harrison Barnes and had to settle for Nick Thompson at PF.

Moser seems to have a balance of the two and has more charisma and energy in both himself and his staff.

Soonerinkc 07-16-2021 06:14 PM

Re: 2023 prospects and offers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MJSooner (Post 681395)
I agree. Moser is getting a ton of conversations and visits, with a lot of those being 4 and 5-star players. It tells me something about Moser and the staff is more appealing to top 50-75 players as we seem to be getting interest from more guys. Whether or not they sign is a different story.

But I like his approach much better than the last two coaches. I loved LK and thought he received a lot of undeserved criticism, but he was much more targeted with his recruits, getting top recruits on campus more infrequently as they needed to be a certain fit. I also believe his staff hurt his recruiting especially when compared to the current staff. Since the FF year, usually only had one guy that was halfway capable.

Capel on the other hand was all about the top recruits. Go after those top recruits and names. Who cares if they are a fit. Send out messages about Harrison Barnes working out at 5 am. The problem was two fold- some of those recruits were terrible fits for the team and program, and most often he missed out on the Harrison Barnes and had to settle for Nick Thompson at PF.

Moser seems to have a balance of the two and has more charisma and energy in both himself and his staff.

agree...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com