OUHoops

OUHoops (http://ouhoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Campus Corner (http://ouhoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team. (http://ouhoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11876)

bocabull 01-01-2010 12:25 AM

Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
It's a statistical fact.

He is not a Big XII Caliber player and would not be on any other roster. Time to sit him for good. No way any decent team would be playing a guy who is an upper classman and can't even shoot 40%.

The weakness of this team is a total lack of any talent in the Junior and Senior classes.

NickZepp 01-01-2010 12:27 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
His shooting was the least of our problems. And we did meet your quota of shooting 50% and not turning the ball over and still got blown out.

soonertboy824 01-01-2010 12:28 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
i love how one day he is the only player showing heart and is the best player on the team to now this hahah people cant make up their minds. (not necessarily referring to you)

but i have to say that from when he first stepped on the floor as a freshman(after his first 9 or nine shot attempts) i didnt see why he was there

sheepdogs 01-01-2010 12:28 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bocabull (Post 143665)
It's a statistical fact.

He is not a Big XII Caliber player and would not be on any other roster. Time to sit him for good. No way any decent team would be playing a guy who is an upper classman and can't even shoot 40%.

The weakness of this team is a total lack of any talent in the Junior and Senior classes.

His play is similar to going to a casino for it's either hot or cold with no middle ground to be found.

SoonerMatt27 01-01-2010 12:29 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bocabull (Post 143665)
It's a statistical fact.

He is not a Big XII Caliber player and would not be on any other roster. Time to sit him for good. No way any decent team would be playing a guy who is an upper classman and can't even shoot 40%.

The weakness of this team is a total lack of any talent in the Junior and Senior classes.

wow leave him alone man. take him out and we have zero defense.

OUsky 01-01-2010 12:29 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bocabull (Post 143665)
It's a statistical fact.

He is not a Big XII Caliber player and would not be on any other roster. Time to sit him for good. No way any decent team would be playing a guy who is an upper classman and can't even shoot 40%.

The weakness of this team is a total lack of any talent in the Junior and Senior classes.

Boca relax... it's just preseason.

Sooner Quick 01-01-2010 12:32 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Boca take a xanax and chill. Cade is the hardest working, best defender on the team and is probably the best athlete on the team.

SoonerDan74012 01-01-2010 12:34 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerMatt27 (Post 143671)
wow leave him alone man. take him out and we have zero defense.

This is why he should be playing as many minutes as possible if he is up to it. He actually plays defense and hustles.

sheepdogs 01-01-2010 12:35 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner Quick (Post 143674)
Boca take a xanax and chill. Cade is the hardest working, best defender on the team and is probably the best athlete on the team.

Have you noticed when Cade takes the ball to the hoop for a lay up he looks like he's never really sure of himself regarding when to leave the floor for the shot. To me this is not an example of a great athlete.

NickZepp 01-01-2010 12:36 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Quote:

Shoot over 50% and don't turn it over and we win. It's that simple.
Tonight we shot right at 50% and didn't really turn the ball over that much. Lost by 14 but were down most of the 2nd half by 20. Yeah pretty accurate predction there boca. The name of the game is defense. Jeff Capel will tell you that, Kelvin Sampson will tell you that, Billy Tubbs will tell you that, Bruce Drake and Bennie Owen will come back from the grave and both tell you that. Defense is the difference between a bunch of individuals and teams. When you play great team defense you are a team. We don't play any team defense for the most part. Capel deserves some blame for this situation. I mean he recruited these players and he'll even tell you that he's done a poor job of even playing some of these guys. But this team doesn't take the right approach it won't matter what he does. They already decided it for themselves.

Sooner Quick 01-01-2010 12:40 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sheepdogs (Post 143679)
Have you noticed when Cade takes the ball to the hoop for a lay up he looks like he's never really sure of himself regarding when to leave the floor for the shot. To me this is not an example of a great athlete.

Great athlete doesn't always translate into the best basketball player. The team has said on many occasions that he is the best athlete on the team.

bocabull 01-01-2010 12:45 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
I'm totally chilled quick. Just pointing out the obvious. Cade Davis should not be starting or playing significant minutes.

I'm really curious why fitz has not been playing. From the opening tip he was battling on the boards and showed a nice interior game on offense.

the starting 5 should be:

TMG
WW
Crock
Fitz
Tiny

BTW Capel obviously agreed with me on Cade because he was yanked for ray Willis and did not start the second half.

38red 01-01-2010 12:48 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner Quick (Post 143685)
Great athlete doesn't always translate into the best basketball player. The team has said on many occasions that he is the best athlete on the team.

CD is to stiff and heavy footed for me, to be called a great athlete! a good athlete tho.

Sam 01-01-2010 12:48 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
boca this is not a video game where offensive stats are the way to play players. There are many other factors like defense, leadership etc that come into play when which players get playing time. This isn't like a video game where you throw together a bunch of guys who can score and just outscore opponents. How did you predictions of the Wizards with Allen iverson turn out?

bocabull 01-01-2010 12:49 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Hey Nick the Zags didn't play any better defense than we did. they just have players who knocked down the 3s while Cade and Crocker started the game 0-4.

Show me any other starter for a Big XII team shooting 33% and I'll shut up.

Sooner Quick 01-01-2010 01:10 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 38red (Post 143692)
CD is to stiff and heavy footed for me, to be called a great athlete! a good athlete tho.

I think you misconstrued what I meant by calling him a great athlete. The guy is good at any sport he plays, he wins all the races in practice. The guy could go play any sport and do good which to me says he is a great athlete.

sys 01-01-2010 01:55 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bocabull (Post 143694)
Hey Nick the Zags didn't play any better defense than we did. they just have players who knocked down the 3s while Cade and Crocker started the game 0-4.

Show me any other starter for a Big XII team shooting 33% and I'll shut up.

ftm-fta % fgm-fga % 3ptm-3pta %

davis = 24-28 .857 8-21 .381 20-59 .339

clemente = 36-51 .706 36-78 .462 21-70 .300


i'm sure there are plenty more.

TGuidry25 01-01-2010 02:31 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner Quick (Post 143674)
Boca take a xanax and chill. Cade is the hardest working, best defender on the team and is probably the best athlete on the team.

I think I would take Tony Crocker as a better defender than Cade..

Sooner Quick 01-01-2010 03:50 AM

Re: Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TGuidry25 (Post 143716)
I think I would take Tony Crocker as a better defender than Cade..

Crocker is good as well but he is definitely D1 caliber unlike Boca thinks.

bocabull 01-01-2010 12:23 PM

Cade Davis is shooting 33.7% from the field.
 
The worst of any starter on a Big XII team. He started us off on the wrong foot last night jacking up a couple of quick 3s that were bricks.

He is the weak link. Capel started Willis over him in the second half because this is so glaringly obvious.

This team does not get better until he is on the bench.

Seymore Cox 01-01-2010 12:27 PM

Re: Cade Davis is shooting 33.7% from the field.
 
That's what happens when you settle for threes and don't develop a midrange game.

Cheno 01-01-2010 12:41 PM

Re: Cade Davis is shooting 33.7% from the field.
 
Cade Davis isn't the problem. He's a solid role player. The fact Cade Davis is starting because others can't/won't/haven't stepped up is the problem.

SoonerfanTU 01-01-2010 12:51 PM

Re: Cade Davis is shooting 33.7% from the field.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheno (Post 143801)
The fact Cade Davis is starting because others can't/won't/haven't stepped up is the problem.

Ding, ding, ding. More specifically, the problem is that Coach hasn't made sure, through recruiting, that Cade is a 2nd guard off the bench type of guy.

Seymore Cox 01-01-2010 12:57 PM

Re: Cade Davis is shooting 33.7% from the field.
 
Cade Davis is plent of talented enough to perform. The excuse that he's a role player or reserve is lame. He's every bit as Capable as Pledger or Willis. Their is nothing they are more gifted at doing than Cade.

SoonerfanTU 01-01-2010 12:59 PM

Re: Cade Davis is shooting 33.7% from the field.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DM (Post 143809)
Cade Davis is plent of talented enough to perform. The excuse that he's a role player or reserve is lame. He's every bit as Capable as Pledger or Willis. Their is nothing they are more gifted at doing than Cade.

Pledger will be 10x the shooter Cade is by the time he's a junior. He is probably already a better shooter as a true frosh. I think Pledger will be a better all around player in two years too.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com