OUHoops

OUHoops (http://ouhoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Women's Hoops Talk (http://ouhoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bedlam women's basketball at 8 pm Monday (http://ouhoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42691)

TulsaWorld 02-25-2019 08:24 AM

Bedlam women's basketball at 8 pm Monday

Oklahoma State at Oklahoma: 8 p.m. Monday at Lloyd Noble Center, Norman

TV: FS1

Oklahoma State (14-12, 5-10 Big 12)

Ht. Pt. Rb.

G Miller 5-10 15.5 5.9

G Asberry 5-5 6.8 2.2

F Gray 6-0 20.0 5.9

F Jones 6-2 5.4 8.0

C De Lapp 6-3 4.2 4.8

Oklahoma (7-19, 3-12)

Ht. Pt. Rb.

G Murcer 5-7 9.2 2.8

G Llanusa 6-0 17.1 2.8

G Robertson 5-7 13.7 3.1

G/F Williams 6-0 11.7 8.0

F Simpson 6-1 5.2 5.7

Pregame notes from Eric Bailey...

Quote:

Oklahoma and Oklahoma State meet for the second time this season. The Cowgirls defeated visiting OU 84-74 on Feb. 6. Ö The Sooners are coming off an impressive 80-69 road win at West Virginia on Saturday afternoon. Ö OUís Ana Llanusa is the first player in school history since Courtney Paris (2007-08) to score 20-plus points in five consecutive games. She is averaging 26.2 points per game during that stretch. Ö Vivian Gray (20.0 points) and Braxtin Miller (15.5 points) account for 52.2 percent of Oklahoma Stateís scoring, the most of any duo in the Big 12. Ö OSU snapped a four-game losing streak with a 72-52 win over Kansas on Saturday. Ö The Cowgirls hit 9 3-pointers against the Jayhawks, their second-highest total this season.

Oliver Hardy 02-25-2019 12:20 PM

Re: Bedlam women's basketball at 8 pm Monday

The question is, will being at home before 500 fans or less make any difference.

I hope so. Going to be an interesting, interesting game.

SuperHoops 02-25-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy (Post 622944)
The question is, will being at home before 500 fans or less make any difference.

The real question will be if OU can find a way to guard Aunt Viv this time. She is their only reliable scorer.

Oliver Hardy 02-25-2019 12:50 PM

Is there a star player for the other team that we've been able to guard this year? I must have missed that game.

OUALUMinTX 02-25-2019 04:12 PM

Stacey is going to be there tonight so maybe she will inspire the team.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StaceyDales

SoonerSpock 02-25-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy (Post 622944)

The numbers will be up for Bedlam if history holds true. I not expecting it but would not be surprised if 2,000 made but it will definitely be more than 500 tonight like the average for most of the home games this year. For certain we will not be close to the 3,604 reported average attendance for the 12 home games this year.

http://www.soonersports.com//attachm...B_OEM_ID=31000

Oliver Hardy 02-25-2019 06:58 PM

Just watched the Texas-Baylor game.

Murder is too kind of a word. I almost feel sorry for Texas.

Is Karen getting flak on the Bevo boards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soonermom1000 02-25-2019 07:49 PM

I got in late for the game. Who are the announcers for this game? They have a "love fest" for Vivian Gray and they said Hobbs was from TX. She is from Alva, OK.

Oliver Hardy 02-25-2019 07:54 PM

They were bad - all the way around.

kimard 02-25-2019 07:56 PM

One is Stacey Dales. I don't know who the guy is with her.

Oliver Hardy 02-25-2019 07:59 PM

No the announcers in the Baylor/ Texas game were bad.

Rbeam1 02-25-2019 08:24 PM

I'm pretty sure the guy is John Holcomb.

Mike Rafoneman 02-25-2019 08:25 PM

Llanusa with 20 points in 6 straight games. That’s a school record.

kimard 02-25-2019 08:37 PM

I am really impressed with Lampkin's game tonight. I know she's played well lately, but tonight has been the best I think I've seen her.

Sooner81 02-25-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbeam1 (Post 623177)
I'm pretty sure the guy is John Holcomb.

Not Holcomb, he only does color for all OSU football and menís basketball games. Absolutely not him.

Sooner81 02-25-2019 08:49 PM

Sad that Iím sad that OU has won 2 in a row now. Iím ready for a change of coach and this probably takes a little pressure off of Castiglione to push her out this year.

In reality if we didnít have #22 back healthy and playing like this we wouldnít have won 2 in a row. She is a game changer and healthy. Not a coaching thing to help us win but just #22.

Sherri just needs to go, but in reality if you are making 1.2 million and not having to work hard or travel and recruit and are able to just cruise why would anyone quit, I wouldnít LOL. ( BY the way the better center is playing lately and why has Sherri been so dumb to not SEE that she was the better center and put her on the court??)

Sherri has driven this program from extinction to the final four and back to close to extinction. So SAD!!!

Oliver Hardy 02-25-2019 08:51 PM

One of three best games of the year. Great defense. Really tight coverage and pressure all night. We havenít seen that in a long, long time.

The ladies played really well and Sherri coached and substituted really well.

Nice we did not just depend on Ana.

Soonerguy06 02-25-2019 09:00 PM

I agree. This is the first time in a while I've seen SC so animated and passionate. I saw her that way last game as well and it brought back great memories. really hope we can use this momentum moving forward and maybe win out the rest of the games, I do think we have potential to and then even win that first tournament game. too bad things didn't develop a little bit faster for us this year who knows how many games we might have one! Ana should definitely make all-conference she's just been phenomenal lately!

soonerstar 02-25-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner81 (Post 623190)
Sad that Iím sad that OU has won 2 in a row now. Iím ready for a change of coach and this probably takes a little pressure off of Castiglione to push her out this year.

In reality if we didnít have #22 back healthy and playing like this we wouldnít have won 2 in a row. She is a game changer and healthy. Not a coaching thing to help us win but just #22.

Sherri just needs to go, but in reality if you are making 1.2 million and not having to work hard or travel and recruit and are able to just cruise why would anyone quit, I wouldnít LOL. ( BY the way the better center is playing lately and why has Sherri been so dumb to not SEE that she was the better center and put her on the court??)

Sherri has driven this program from extinction to the final four and back to close to extinction. So SAD!!!

+1

MsProudSooner 02-25-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner81 (Post 623190)
Sad that Iím sad that OU has won 2 in a row now.

The sad thing is that on a night when I assume you watched the girls play their guts out this is what your take away from the game is.

soonermom1000 02-25-2019 09:04 PM

Great game, girls!!!! Keep it up !!!! It was nice to see Coach up and coaching......Precious memories!!! Looks like they all WANT to win !!! I LOVE IT !!!!

tycat947 02-25-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsProudSooner (Post 623206)
The sad thing is that on a night when I assume you watched the girls play their guts out this is what your take away from the game is.

Pretty sad, donít you think???

sybarite 02-25-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsProudSooner (Post 623206)

+1

SKSooner 02-25-2019 09:15 PM

If you're sad we won the game, that is the behavior of a narcissistic moron. Those players, most of them freshmen and sophomores who've never experienced this type of adversity on the court, are playing their butts off and trying to get better. And you're hoping they fail, and you call yourself a fan. Seriously?

I've got news for some of you. We have a Hall of Fame coach who is a fantastic basketball coach and wonderful leader. She will get this figured out and turned around. It might not be on your timetable, but it will happen.

Get over yourselves. My word.

sybarite 02-25-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKSooner (Post 623211)
If you're sad we won the game, that is the behavior of a narcissistic moron. Those players, most of them freshmen and sophomores who've never experienced this type of adversity on the court, are playing their butts off and trying to get better. And you're hoping they fail, and you call yourself a fan. Seriously?

I've got news for some of you. We have a Hall of Fame coach who is a fantastic basketball coach and wonderful leader. She will get this figured out and turned around. It might not be on your timetable, but it will happen.

Get over yourselves. My word.

+1